The Student Room Group

EPQ-Architecture, any ideas?

hi i've always wanted to study architecture at uni so i decided to do an EPQ to widen my knowledge about the subject. but i have been told that you can either write a 5000 words essay or make/design something with a 1000 words essay

and now im confused on which one to do because i havent even come up with a question yet,
at first i was thinking about sistainability and how it could be improved but then i also noticed that theres a lot to write about the history of architecture like how the change of traditional side to the modern side came about.

any tips on what i should do?
I'm in the exact same boat here. I'm off to Hatfield University for a study day on EPQs tomorrow, and I'm not sure how much of a problem a lack of question or finalised topic will cause.

I have a particular interest in Norwegian architecture and I began thinking about how moderisation towards more simple styles are globally reducing the developments of buildings with the characteristics of traditional architecture (closely looking at the Norwegian style). I guess this route would require the 5000 word essay, however there remains the shiny, glistening option of only 1500 words and the chance to design my own building. This prospect fascinates me however as I have no experience of this thusfar I have no idea is this task is of a magnitude befitting an EPQ.
Reply 2
Do you think an EPQ with the title "Design a two-bedroom family home suitable for mass production on a given site in response to the current housing crisis" is a good idea? I'm hoping to go on to evaluate environmental technologies as well as cheap but lasting materials, as well as making a good architectural design out of it. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest