The Student Room Group

Ask any questions about Belgium!

Hi there,
So here I'am willing to debunk any stereotypes of belgians as well as any questions on our beautiful little country! Ask away :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Hi there,
So here I'am willing to debunk any stereotypes of belgians as well as any questions on our beautiful little country! Ask away :biggrin:

Wait, Belgium's a country? :eek:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Imperion
Wait, Belgium's a country? :eek:

Spoiler

Lol! Of course it is, sandwiched between France,Germany and Netherlands! Never heard of Belgian chocolate!
Lol! Of course it is, sandwiched between France,Germany and Netherlands! Never heard of Belgian chocolate!

LOL My next question was why is Belgian chocolate so good. Seriously need an answer.
Are your flemish or Belgian french? Are there tensions between the Flemish and french Belgians?
Reply 5
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Are your flemish or Belgian french? Are there tensions between the Flemish and french Belgians?

Haha that will take hours to explain but here is an article to give you a background picture of the conflict that arise? Yes, I'am a belgian french but have cousins who are flemish and communications is much harder :wink:

Spoiler

is belguim worth adding to our interail trip next year?:smile: if so which cities do you recommend ?
Do french belgians and flemish belgians look the same ? Are there any poignant physical differences?
Reply 8
Original post by Imperion
LOL My next question was why is Belgian chocolate so good. Seriously need an answer.

The fact that us take great importance in our cuisine, and thus our chocolates are made with our heart and soul using patience to create the perfect chocolate. Srsly, we have a history of makign chocolate since the congo colonial time as well as a chocolate craft ideology as well as a unique way od making chocolate :biggrin:
Reply 9

And the mighty Luxemburg.
Reply 10
What places are good to visit in Brussels? Hoping to visit there this Summer and I need to convince my parents so I want to look up some awesome places to go :biggrin:
Reply 11
X

Would you like Wallonia to join France again?:biggrin:
Original post by Josb
Would you like Wallonia to join France again?:biggrin:

No! I think as a younger gen we have a different view of the way how Belgium should be seen, I think I would wish for a unified belgium with a decrease in tension between Wallonia and Flamers :biggrin:
Original post by Kangie
What places are good to visit in Brussels? Hoping to visit there this Summer and I need to convince my parents so I want to look up some awesome places to go :biggrin:

That's tough as I dont come from Brussels, I come from Saint Guislain which is a quite small town ;D I will ask some friends who live there later :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Kangie

Any place with fries, mussels and beer:

Forget your diet. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
No! I think as a younger gen we have a different view of the way how Belgium should be seen, I think I would wish for a unified belgium with a decrease in tension between Wallonia and Flamers :biggrin:

Do you speak Dutch then?
The fact that us take great importance in our cuisine, and thus our chocolates are made with our heart and soul using patience to create the perfect chocolate. Srsly, we have a history of makign chocolate since the congo colonial time as well as a chocolate craft ideology as well as a unique way od making chocolate :biggrin:

Damn man :s-smilie: Now Belgium's on my bucket list.
Original post by Josb
Do you speak Dutch then?

Lol some of my cousins do! I literally forgot my french when I moved to the UK when I was like 5 :smile: So just relearned some french during gcse. My father does know german so maybe I should also learn dutch, plus it is quite similar to english
Original post by Josb
Any place with fries, mussels and beer:

Forget your diet. :tongue:

That looks good :drool:
How much is a pint? What would I expect to pay for a bottle, say, of Westmalle Tripel in a) a bar, and b) a small shop?

Quick Reply

Latest