The Student Room Group

AQA Biol 4 unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futuremedic2096
84-79.5 here hah
You'll get one mark for showing it's at 50%

yeah, i saw this question i was like "how the f*ck are we meant to know where the average life expectancy is?!" so i drew a random line on the graph (in pen.. bad mistake) then skipped it. came back to it later i still wasn't entirely sure so i did it at 500,00 (i think it was?) but the other line i had drawn was right in the middle of it so i found it hard to read the values hahaha, so 1 method mark would be a victory for me. at least at got the HW Q right...

i am still sure the ratio of one to one to one to one is right. genders are different phenotypes.
Original post by Uberphuq
yeah, i saw this question i was like "how the f*ck are we meant to know where the average life expectancy is?!" so i drew a random line on the graph (in pen.. bad mistake) then skipped it. came back to it later i still wasn't entirely sure so i did it at 500,00 (i think it was?) but the other line i had drawn was right in the middle of it so i found it hard to read the values hahaha, so 1 method mark would be a victory for me. at least at got the HW Q right...

i am still sure the ratio of one to one to one to one is right. genders are different phenotypes.

I think it'll be a range, because it definitely wasn't on 80
I got HW wrong
Yeah you MAY be right who knows haha
I think it'll be a range, because it definitely wasn't on 80
I got HW wrong
Yeah you MAY be right who knows haha

hmm... its tough... you did hardy Weinberg wrong? i nearly did but i made sure i did eff it up
hmm... its tough... you did hardy Weinberg wrong? i nearly did but i made sure i did eff it up

Yeah, annoyingly
Yeah, annoyingly

how did you find the rest of it?
how did you find the rest of it?

Good
Especially 7&8 was expecting awful ones
Reply 46
any idea what would be needed for a C???
Good
Especially 7&8 was expecting awful ones

yeah, it wasn't too bad :smile: personally thought Q7 was quite challenging but hence your name i expect you find everything a breeze, eh?
yeah, it wasn't too bad :smile: personally thought Q7 was quite challenging but hence your name i expect you find everything a breeze, eh?

Far from it! I do do tri sci which helps
Reply 49
Could anyone tell me if this is right?
240/300 UMS for an A, 60 UMS in EMPA (I'm confident that I got 55+), if I got a C in this (worst case scenario, 60 UMS)-
it would still be possible to get an A through absolutely smashing unit 5? (over 125/140?)
Far from it! I do do tri sci which helps

no maths?

Original post by Ezme39
Could anyone tell me if this is right?
240/300 UMS for an A, 60 UMS in EMPA (I'm confident that I got 55+), if I got a C in this (worst case scenario, 60 UMS)-
it would still be possible to get an A through absolutely smashing unit 5? (over 125/140?)

if there is a will there is a way.
no maths?

Nope did it to AS got bored
what does everyone think the grade boundaries for this will be?
Reply 53
You think there will be a mark for stating the hw equation?
Does anyone know if 90% is correct for the hardy Weinberg as well as 0.90
Original post by Learner19
Does anyone know if 90% is correct for the hardy Weinberg as well as 0.90

I imagine so
In fact I think it was % on answer line

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending