The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 1 Tuesday 9th June 2015

Any 6 markers predictions? or any topic predictions?
Reply 1
Original post by Suffy
Any 6 markers predictions? or any topic predictions?

These are the 6 markers for the previous years:
- Use the information above and your own knowledge and understanding to evaluatewhether Brazil should in future produce ethanol from crude oil or produce ethanol fromsugar cane.You should include environmental and economic or social factors in your evaluation
- Use the information above and your knowledge and understanding to describeadvantages and disadvantages of using plastic shopping bags made from poly(ethene).
- Use the information on page 8 and your knowledge and understanding to suggest theadvantages and disadvantages of extracting petroleum products from oil sands.
- Describe and explain how petrol is separated from the mixture of hydrocarbons incrude oil.
- Use this information and your knowledge and understanding to give advantages anddisadvantages of using biodiesel instead of petroleum diesel.2015 predictions
Crude oil and fuels is probably not going to come up. All the 6 markers give you info like data and numbers, so it's not as hard as c2+3. Products from oil is also not likely to come up. I reckon it's from one of these topics:
=>Rocks and building materials (Limestone&its uses/ reactions of carbonates/ the limestone reaction cycle/cement and concrete/limestone issues)
=>Metals and their uses(Extracting metals/Iron and steels/Aluminium and titanium/extracting copper/useful metals/metallic issues)
=>Plant oils(Extracting veg oil/Cooking with veg oils/Everyday emulsions/Food issues)
=>Our changing planet(Structure of the earth/the restless earth/the earth's atmosphere in the past/life on earth/gases in the atmosphere/co2 in the atmosphere)
Good luck:smile:
I really need some help. :frown:. I have revised but nothing is going in. Please can someone help me learn what sections i may need to learn?
How did you find it?
Original post by Hermione118
How did you find it?

surprisingly easy, well in comparison to the biology paper anyway. What about you?
Original post by GlassyMarbles
surprisingly easy, well in comparison to the biology paper anyway. What about you?

Yeah I agree. I was hoping for a hard paper if I'm honest, the grade boundaries are going to be really high now!
Original post by Hermione118
Yeah I agree. I was hoping for a hard paper if I'm honest, the grade boundaries are going to be really high now!

Oh God yeah, I hope they're not too high!
That's what I'm nervous about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought it was fine, although everyone else in my school said it was hard...
I didn't do it and wasn't in can someone snapchat me about it please: my snapchat is lyd-scarlett
Original post by littlesugglet
i thought it was fine, although everyone else in my school said it was hard...

At least some people found it hard then. It might push the grade boundaries down a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the aqa chemistry exam foundation tier June 9th 2015?
Original post by Lydia Scarlett
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the aqa chemistry exam foundation tier June 9th 2015?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3392591
Reply 13
Original post by Lydia Scarlett
I didn't do it and wasn't in can someone snapchat me about it please: my snapchat is lyd-scarlett

So u want us to help you cheat plus unless u have like a really special reason u wont be able to sit the exam

Quick Reply

Latest