The Student Room Group

Safe: Aston or queen Mary london

Poll

Which uni?

Hi, as my safe uni I'm tring to decide between these two. I'm interested in biochemistry and subjects such as gene biotechnology, synthetic biology and biomedical research. QML looks better research wise and in research facilities but it has a low percentage of time in lectures. Is this a problem? Which is better?
Original post by MrFantastisch
Hi, as my safe uni I'm tring to decide between these two. I'm interested in biochemistry and subjects such as gene biotechnology, synthetic biology and biomedical research. QML looks better research wise and in research facilities but it has a low percentage of time in lectures. Is this a problem? Which is better?

Hi there,

Rather than just throwing marketing facts at you, i was wondering if you had any specific questions about the course, us, Birmingham or student life in general?

I'm a 2014 graduate now working for the university and a Birmingham local, so i'm poised to answer anything you can throw at me.

Josh
At aston I'm looking at the biology research facilities at the moment. In the biotech lab you appear to do some research in recombinant proteins and the corse has molecular biology modules- but what facilities do you actually have for genomics e.g. Genetic sequencing, RNA analysis, synthesis etc...
Original post by MrFantastisch
At aston I'm looking at the biology research facilities at the moment. In the biotech lab you appear to do some research in recombinant proteins and the corse has molecular biology modules- but what facilities do you actually have for genomics e.g. Genetic sequencing, RNA analysis, synthesis etc...

Hi,

Apologies but that's one of the few questions too specific for me to give you a direct answer, i would suggest contacting the admissions department for the course and they should be able to give you a full breakdown of the facilities for said course: [email protected]

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending