The Student Room Group

AS to A2. B to A*? C to A?

Possible without retakes?
Original post by Presque là

I highly doubt it. It all depends on your subjects and how many ums you got - I got CDD last year and apart from the C they were all closer to the lower grade. Ive had to do one retake for each of those subjects as I need BCC which wouldnt have been attainable if I didn't retake, unless I got absolutely full marks. My best friend was very close to a B in a subject last year, like 2 marks but he still needs almost full marks to move up 2 grades. You're best to retake and it really isn't that bad retaking as most A2 subjects are a follow up from your AS which helps and you see your pitfalls from the year before. (Plus for an A* overall I think you need at least 90% in each unit for a subject which you dont already have with a B). Get your teacher to break down how many ums you have and how many you need roughly based on previous grade boundaries. Our teachers did it all on spreadsheets on excel somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CelineBean
I highly doubt it. It all depends on your subjects and how many ums you got - I got CDD last year and apart from the C they were all closer to the lower grade. Ive had to do one retake for each of those subjects as I need BCC which wouldnt have been attainable if I didn't retake, unless I got absolutely full marks. My best friend was very close to a B in a subject last year, like 2 marks but he still needs almost full marks to move up 2 grades. You're best to retake and it really isn't that bad retaking as most A2 subjects are a follow up from your AS which helps and you see your pitfalls from the year before. (Plus for an A* overall I think you need at least 90% in each unit for a subject which you dont already have with a B). Get your teacher to break down how many ums you have and how many you need roughly based on previous grade boundaries. Our teachers did it all on spreadsheets on excel somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Presque là

It is possible, for an A* you need 90% over your A2 modules, not for each module as Celine has said. Put it this way, given the marks ive got, I can get -6% in my S1 exam I took and still get an A* in maths, so it is definitely attainable, but you are going to have to ace EVERY exam, we are talking 100% and even then it really depends how much UMS you have already lost, if say the UMS total is 600, and you have lost 120, this brings you to 480 UMS which is the boundary for an A, if you are to drop any lower than that you cannot get an A*, but if you get 100% in every A2 unit you can.

Quick Reply

Latest