The Student Room Group
How confident are you with the subjects?

Can you realistically see yourself getting those A's/A*'s in a short space of time? I don't know how you could do it apart from reading over your notes, making sure everything sinks in and that you basically remember everything you need to get A/A*. Also past papers are a massive help so make sure you do plenty of them.
Reply 2
I agree with 1066, past papers make all the difference. If you can find some online (check the exam board websites) and complete as many as possible you will get a real hang of the exam so you will do much better.

Also (don't rely on this, but it might help ease your mind a bit), schools ALWAYS make the mocks really really hard to make people work harder for the real exams. I got all Es and Fs on my mocks, and although I didn't do great on my exams, I got all Bs and Cs which is way better than what I expected to get after the mocks.

Re-read all your notes, try and rewrite them all to one page per topic and learn from that (once you memorise the key points, the rest will come back to you during the exam).
Past papers are key. However, if you want to move swiftly from C to A's, you need to start applying extra effort in class, in homeworks and at all times. Sounds like a load of crap but, yourll benefit majorly. This is coming from someone who wishes he would have taken the same advice.
For the moment, focus on paying attention in class, asking for help whenever you don't understand something and doing all your work/homework. Make sure you get the highest grades possible in all your coursework because that will take some pressure off for the exams and could really boost your grades. Really take notice of any feedback you're given on homework/tests and ask for extra advice on how to improve if you're still unsure. Use your mocks to identify your strengths and weaknesses and prioritise your revision, which it would probably be good to start around April, on your weaknesses, but don't completely neglect your strengths. Do lots of past papers as well as simply revising the content.
Reply 5
For subjects like science (or biology,chemistry and physics if your doing them seperately) try printing out the specification and going through it bit by bit and make sure you understand everything - it really helps summarise everything you need to know - althought that will probably be more useful nearer the exams.
Reply 6
there is no quick way, well there is kinda, with stuff like maths and science, all you need to do is PAST PAPER after PAST PAPER until you begin to learn some of the answers. with these subjects its about hitting key points and not wasting time on waffle.
Reply 7
My way when you are a few days away from exam (and literally have no time because you have 5 exams in a row) Read the marks schemes (and the questions of course) but the mark schemes are very important learn What the examiners are looking for. Its very easy to get high marks by learning how to blag effectively. e.g. when people see compare they list all the differences and completely leave out similarities, things like this can gain you loads of marks especially when you have been really lazy :biggrin:
Reply 8
Go over your notes and see which areas you feel you struggle in and then ask your teachers to go over these with you.

Latest

Trending

Trending