(edited 3 years ago)
The guide is retired.
(edited 3 years ago)
The guide is retired.
(edited 3 years ago)
The guide is retired.
(edited 3 years ago)

Spoiler

I've never had the best of experiences with HTC phones for battery life, but for the actual UI and HTC Sense, it is absolutely brilliant.

I'm thinking of getting an S6 for my upgrade and I know that the battery life on the samsung is better which is a massive bonus for me, but the icons on the samsung seem old and not modern like the HTC icons :/
I still can't decide between S6 and M9 - I do love my HTC One, but hate the crappy camera.
Any advice on which phones don't have problems with touch screens? For the second time my HTC phone has lost its screen sensitivity so I need to upgrade and want to avoid that problem again... I will be choosing from the frugal bunch (this thread has made my decision soooo much easier!)
Great guide but I think that you should mention that the amazing OnePlus One's price for a 16GB model has plummeted to £179 and the 64GB one is £219. Killer smartphone with specs that match up and some better than Apple's overpriced "flagship" iPhone 6.
Nice guide bro
Windows phones are good too - sure, you can wait for the update(in a few months) but they are good phones...
get yourself a second galaxy s5 if you like photography and want it around £200
far better than xperia Z series. I have a z2 and my dad has an s5, it is far better so i decided to buy one as well, it should come tomorrow.
Original post by James A

Spoiler

I've never had the best of experiences with HTC phones for battery life, but for the actual UI and HTC Sense, it is absolutely brilliant.

I'm thinking of getting an S6 for my upgrade and I know that the battery life on the samsung is better which is a massive bonus for me, but the icons on the samsung seem old and not modern like the HTC icons :/

The S6 does a have a theme store, which includes being able to change the icons :yep:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I still can't decide between S6 and M9 - I do love my HTC One, but hate the crappy camera.

The M9's camera is certainly better than the M7/M8, but it's still disappointing :erm: The S6 is definitely the better choice if camera is a priority!

Original post by Queen Cersei
Any advice on which phones don't have problems with touch screens? For the second time my HTC phone has lost its screen sensitivity so I need to upgrade and want to avoid that problem again... I will be choosing from the frugal bunch (this thread has made my decision soooo much easier!)

Most of the big flagship phones from the last couple of years have solid reliability scores, I don't think any particular brand is known specifically for screen problems :smile: Any of the phones in that category should last a few years without suffering problems like that if they're looked after :yep:

Original post by Young Sinatra
Great guide but I think that you should mention that the amazing OnePlus One's price for a 16GB model has plummeted to £179 and the 64GB one is £219. Killer smartphone with specs that match up and some better than Apple's overpriced "flagship" iPhone 6.

I was planning on mentioning how it's ludicrously cheap (and back in stock, coincidentally), I must have forgotten! I'll edit that in :h:

Original post by longsightdon
Nice guide bro

Original post by guitaristemily
Windows phones are good too - sure, you can wait for the update(in a few months) but they are good phones...

They are good, I did mention a few of them at certain points, but in my opinion there's just no really compelling advantage the OS has to justify choosing from the limited hardware options over the wealth of Android or iOS options right now :dontknow: I'm really hoping Microsoft come back with a bang when they launch WP10 though! I have my fingers crossed for a killer flagship and another high end camera phone :smile:
I think I'm gonna go with the S6 now :tongue: Even the youtube video reviews seem to point that way too!

Time to find an upgrade deal now !
my 625 has a battery life which is way better than my sisters iphone 5s, and my dads z2.

we all ogt our phones within 6 months of eachother.

the os is easy to understand. you know were everything is, and it is also more costumisable at a basic level (no downloads/hacking needed as in ios and android)
You can't replace the battery on the Galaxy 6? Damn. It was the one massive advantage the Galaxy had over the iPhone for those of us who are away from an electric supply for a few days.

Cheers for the guide.
Original post by Quantex
You can't replace the battery on the Galaxy 6? Damn. It was the one massive advantage the Galaxy had over the iPhone for those of us who are away from an electric supply for a few days.

Cheers for the guide.

Unfortunately not! The LG G4 is the only flagship left with this now.
Well you know I like my photography! And most of the time I have my DSLR if I know I'm gonna want photos, but still sometimes need phone camera!
Damn I thought the OP One does too
Reply 19
Now to dig up some rare earth minerals, pollute the environment and create a set of modern day child slaves with no health or safety equipment, commended to a life of poverty to satisfy first world desires :gah:

Spoiler

Latest