The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

A little help ?

Hello, I'm a student who would be studying in University of Birmingham next year (2015-2016). I come from Bulgaria (country in the EU) and i have a couple of question connected with my future lifestyle:
- what are the steps that I must go through when I enter the university - how much does it cost to make health insurance and what other things I must do

- can I get a job when I start studying in the university; my course is Computer Science so am I able to work in this area or as a new student I would probably work as a waiter or pizza deliver and e.g.

- finally I would be really glad if someone gives me helpful links to sites (or facebook groups) where I can connect with more and more students like me and you, sites where I could find jobs in UK and especially Birmingham , sites where I can find accommodation price lists and other essential websites.

Thanks you !
Original post by worthyEducation
Hello, I'm a student who would be studying in University of Birmingham next year (2015-2016). I come from Bulgaria (country in the EU) and i have a couple of question connected with my future lifestyle:
- what are the steps that I must go through when I enter the university - how much does it cost to make health insurance and what other things I must do

- can I get a job when I start studying in the university; my course is Computer Science so am I able to work in this area or as a new student I would probably work as a waiter or pizza deliver and e.g.

- finally I would be really glad if someone gives me helpful links to sites (or facebook groups) where I can connect with more and more students like me and you, sites where I could find jobs in UK and especially Birmingham , sites where I can find accommodation price lists and other essential websites.

Thanks you !

Hi :smile:

I graduated from Birmingham last year - it's a lovely place!

Some useful information: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/as/studentservices/international/sourceshelp/index.aspx
You can probably also get in contact with the students union / advice and representation centre.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending