The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University - Open Degree alternatives

Hi,
I left university with a DipHE and am now looking to turn it into a degree. The subject I studied is neither relevant to what I now do or offered by other Universities, so I was considering doing an Open University Open Degree. Is anybody aware of other open degree options offered by other universities, in the UK or abroad.

Thanks
Original post by davidstilts
Hi,
I left university with a DipHE and am now looking to turn it into a degree. The subject I studied is neither relevant to what I now do or offered by other Universities, so I was considering doing an Open University Open Degree. Is anybody aware of other open degree options offered by other universities, in the UK or abroad.

Thanks

Open degree is unique to Open University.

However, there are some places that offer an Interdisciplinary degree, but they are much more restrictive in the courses you can take, and most of them don't allow certain combinations.

you can search for interdisciplinary degrees in google, but I can guarantee you wont find anything as flexible as the open degree, I remember from when I was looking, they were all to restrictive and didn't offer the mix I wanted.

There were some places in the US that offered a completely open option too, but it was only places with 50,000+ in tuition and little financial aid.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest