The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
You too!

Subject? Warwick is my insurance for Maths. Pretty sure Ill end up at my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Subject? Warwick is my insurance for Maths. Pretty sure Ill end up at my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mighty Economics XD
Finished school today. 8 years :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you sat just FP1-3 would you be awarded a qualification?

I know you have to sit applied modules to get further maths qualifications but would you be awarded a qualification
if you just sat the FP1-3 modules I.e pure maths? Do people still sit pure maths or?

Also to those who sat F.maths, does your highest applied modules contribute towards your A level Maths grade or
only certain applied modules that you've cashed in for that qualification?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
If you sat just FP1-3 would you be awarded a qualification?

I know you have to sit applied modules to get further maths qualifications but would you be awarded a qualification
if you just sat the FP1-3 modules I.e pure maths? Do people still sit pure maths or?

Also to those who sat F.maths, does your highest applied modules contribute towards your A level Maths grade or
only certain applied modules that you've cashed in for that qualification?

Yh you can get a pure maths a level which is C1-4 and FP1/2/3(FP1 and fp2 or fp3) if you just sat A level maths(C1-4 n 2 applied) and FP1-3 you get A level maths and FM AS.
For A level Maths it is compulsary to have C1-4 and either S1/2 M1/2 D1/D2 or M1/S1 D1/S1 M1/D1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh you can get a pure maths a level which is C1-4 and FP1/2/3(FP1 and fp2 or fp3) if you just sat A level maths(C1-4 n 2 applied) and FP1-3 you get A level maths and FM AS.
For A level Maths it is compulsary to have C1-4 and either S1/2 M1/2 D1/D2 or M1/S1 D1/S1 M1/D1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think sitting FP1-3 gives you nothing as 2 and 3 are A2 modules. A friend of mine sat FP2 as part of his AS (he self taught) and he was not awarded an overall grade, just individual module marks, which were AAA
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I think sitting FP1-3 gives you nothing as 2 and 3 are A2 modules. A friend of mine sat FP2 as part of his AS (he self taught) and he was not awarded an overall grade, just individual module marks, which were AAA

It works in edexcel. Might not work in your board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It works in edexcel. Might not work in your board.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Works for all except international CIE I think
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Works for all except international CIE I think

Lol yh that is his board i can remmeber saying that boards exams are hard haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
****in' hate planes.
Original post by MangoFreak
****in' hate planes.

Lol I hate planes too, but gonna have to suck it up
I'm in uber tourist mode today and doing a bus tour around London, despite having been here around 60 times. :-D quite excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, Dark Souls is so difficult that it took me like 2 minutes to figure out what button the menu is as I wanted to quit the game :lol:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ahh, what grades do you need for there? TBH I don't think I made my offer but I've seen people get in before with the grades I think I'm gonna get, plus they've taken away the cap on student places this year so I'm quietly confident.

Does removal of the student cap make it more likely for near-miss applicants to get a place?

Thankfully my firm choice will accept AAA equivalents like A*AB and whatnot, so hopefully I'll be fine.
Original post by rachelc142
I'm in uber tourist mode today and doing a bus tour around London, despite having been here around 60 times. :-D quite excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy!
Cannot be bothered for prom later...

People :puke:
33 degrees in London today jeeeeeeezzz
Original post by rachelc142
33 degrees in London today jeeeeeeezzz

I know ive been on the central line all day 🌝. ****ing way too hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Cannot be bothered for prom later...

People :puke:

Lol my school didnt do a prom for yr 13 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol my school didnt do a prom for yr 13 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all a load of **** lol

But July is here, which means August is next, which means holiday woooo

Latest