The Student Room Group

Predictions and talk about Thursday's ocr philosophy gcse exam!

Just wondering if anyone as any predictions for what might come up in Thursday's exam?
Also how is everyone revising for it!?!
Reply 1
my teacher was really brief in teaching us about philosophy and its from the islamic perspective. Im a muslim but they way the exam board wants it, is really vague. Plus, im just going to cram in all the keywords tomorrow and learn the basic concepts like, the responses to belief on the soul...blah blah

I think at this point, you might as well read mark schemes because similar overlapping theme come up every year...plus just think about the different viewpoints and try and think of different examples.
Im going to end up failing the exam with the little prep ive done...but hopefully ill manage to get a B, its philosophy-you can wirte a lot of rubbish and still get marks as long as its justified and supported and well argued
Reply 2
Original post by Loyale
my teacher was really brief in teaching us about philosophy and its from the islamic perspective. Im a muslim but they way the exam board wants it, is really vague. Plus, im just going to cram in all the keywords tomorrow and learn the basic concepts like, the responses to belief on the soul...blah blah

I think at this point, you might as well read mark schemes because similar overlapping theme come up every year...plus just think about the different viewpoints and try and think of different examples.
Im going to end up failing the exam with the little prep ive done...but hopefully ill manage to get a B, its philosophy-you can wirte a lot of rubbish and still get marks as long as its justified and supported and well argued

I'm doing the Christianity course so I'm not sure how much relates, but I think I'm just going to make sure I know some key bible quotes and key people and I should be able to struggle through!
Good idea about past mark schemes though
Reply 3
tbh, quotes are not a must but as long as you can paraphrase or reference them, then its fine...
Reply 4
Original post by Loyale
tbh, quotes are not a must but as long as you can paraphrase or reference them, then its fine...

Most of the ones to use for Christianity are along the lines of everyone being equal so that's easy!!
Reply 5
im absolutely bricking it man!!

Im just "praying" (excuse the pun) that God shall assist me in this exam :colone:
Reply 6
we havent done anything the whole 2 years except have discussions about real life issues and it usually never relates to any of the topics so i have to learn the whole course in a couple of hours lmao goodbye:ssaw::wings::wings::woo::woo::woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending