The Student Room Group

I'm a brunette guy but I want to bleach my hair platinum blonde.

I wanted to do this for THREE ****ing years and I think about it everyday. I really want to doe them platinum blonde but I'm scared people will make fun of me and I won't get laid anymore.
I was playing truth or truth( basically there's just no dare) with this girl and she was drunk so I don't think she was messing. I asked her do I look gay and she said yea a little bit. I mean if I already look gay (I am skinny and short but don't have a very ugly face,I'm just ugly), is it a very good idea to bleach my hair?
I am not homophobic at all and I have even been to a gay bar with a gay friend. I am just not gay and I like to be with women. Will you ever date a guy who bleached his hair?
Also, if you were a straight guy, would you go out with me as a friend or would you not because I look gay?
I REALLY want to do it. I don't have dark skin but I am not snow white either. I have dark eyes. It will be obvious that ive bleached them because of my eyebrows. I guess what I am asking is how much will this affect my social life?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do whatever makes you happy,let them talk and just pretend you Cant hear them
Reply 2
Wow...

You sound so insecure, if you want to dye your hair just do it. No one will probably care after a day of seeing you with your dyed.
Reply 3
Thank you for your responses I know that I shouldn't care too much about what other people think of me but I just want to know if they will make fun of me for doing that. What do you personally think of it? Would you bleck your hair if you are a guy who has black hair?
Reply 4
Platinum blonde? Bold move mate...

If you like it though, do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by *Stefan*
Platinum blonde? Bold move mate...

If you like it though, do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think it's a bold move?
Reply 6
Just do it if you've wanted it for so long. People will talk, they always do, but in the end it's your hair not theirs and you get to choose what you want to do with it.
Reply 7
Original post by arminb
Why do you think it's a bold move?

I don't know... I guess because it's a very unusual colour for men...?
Reply 8
Original post by Libbie-
Just do it if you've wanted it for so long. People will talk, they always do, but in the end it's your hair not theirs and you get to choose what you want to do with it.

I wish it was simple as that. If people would think that I look stupid, they will not just make fun of me but then ignore me. Then I won't have anyone to go out with and will spend all day in my room. I really don't want this to happen you know. I hope you can understand. I just want to know will people look at it the way I think they will look at a guy who bleached his hair.
Reply 9
Original post by arminb
Thank you for your responses I know that I shouldn't care too much about what other people think of me but I just want to know if they will make fun of me for doing that. What do you personally think of it? Would you bleck your hair if you are a guy who has black hair?

personally, no because i like my hair colour. If a mate of mine did it, there would be banter for a while but no hard feelings
Reply 10
Original post by *Stefan*
I don't know... I guess because it's a very unusual colour for men...?

How about like a natural blonde? I mean plantunium is not a natural hair colour basically. No one is born with that colour. But ive seen men do it.
I can only talk from personal experiences but one of my mates died his hair bleach blonde when he was drunk and after that everyone just took the piss out of him constantly. I'm on his football team and even opponents made fun of him. Platinum blonde is ever more stand-out than bleach blonde so it's your call. We're not going to lie and tell you people wont say things because they will...
Reply 12
Original post by arminb
How about like a natural blonde? I mean plantunium is not a natural hair colour basically. No one is born with that colour. But ive seen men do it.

Natural blonde (more so the darker shadows) seems much better imho!
Reply 13
Original post by Dark Elixir
I can only talk from personal experiences but one of my mates died his hair bleach blonde when he was drunk and after that everyone just took the piss out of him constantly. I'm on his football team and even opponents made fun of him. Platinum blonde is ever more stand-out than bleach blonde so it's your call. We're not going to lie and tell you people wont say things because they will...

Cheers pal. Being honest is what I appreciate, really. Why else would I ask if I thought ppl are going to say what I want to hear. So but would you be friend's with a guy who bleached his hair? I mean would you be embarrassed to walk with him in the street?
Original post by Haiiz
personally, no because i like my hair colour. If a mate of mine did it, there would be banter for a while but no hard feelings

"Banter" eh? :u:
Reply 15
Original post by Haiiz

I used to have Iranian friends before and I knew for a fact that they couldn't take it because I'm iranian and I know my culture. Once I asked one of them his opinion on this and there was a banter just because of this.
Now I live in Edinburgh and most of my mates are British/American, that's why I'm considering it again. I mean people here should be more open minded and tolerant than people who come from the Islamic Republic of Iran. Right? I pierced my eyebrow and nobody said anything, they actually compliemtned me. But bleaching hair is much more serious because it's more noticeable.
Reply 16
Original post by arminb
I wish it was simple as that. If people would think that I look stupid, they will not just make fun of me but then ignore me. Then I won't have anyone to go out with and will spend all day in my room. I really don't want this to happen you know. I hope you can understand. I just want to know will people look at it the way I think they will look at a guy who bleached his hair.

You could always go for a less harsh blonde if you still wanted blonde hair but not people to have as harsh reactions, such as one with ashy roots, dirty blonde etc.
Original post by arminb
Cheers pal. Being honest is what I appreciate, really. Why else would I ask if I thought ppl are going to say what I want to hear. So but would you be friend's with a guy who bleached his hair? I mean would you be embarrassed to walk with him in the street?

Oh yeah of course I'm still friends with him! We go out all the time, when we mention his hair, we're just poking fun at him for a laugh. I'm not at all embarrassed to walk with him haha!
Reply 18
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
"Banter" eh? :u:

Don't you have an exam tomorrow? :eyeball:
Reply 19
Original post by Libbie-
You could always go for a less harsh blonde if you still wanted blonde hair but not people to have as harsh reactions, such as one with ashy roots, dirty blonde etc.

That's what I forst wanted but my hair dresser said that ,because of my skin tone, I should either go very dark to very light otherwise it would not look good. I think maybe she meant I shouldn't go like light brown or something.

Quick Reply

Latest