The Student Room Group

To what extent has bullying ruined your life?

It has definitely changed me as a person many years on, how about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hey. Definitely has made me more aware of who true people are and people who are those who use you..take what parts of you that are pure and honest. For me I'm more cautious and prefer my own company if I have a hunch about someone. Bullying hindered my trust in new people for the longest of time..relationships and such were held back for a number of years after because I didn't want to let anyone into my bubble that's for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quiet _One86
Hey. Definitely has made me more aware of who true people are and people who are those who use you..take what parts of you that are pure and honest. For me I'm more cautious and prefer my own company if I have a hunch about someone. Bullying hindered my trust in new people for the longest of time..relationships and such were held back for a number of years after because I didn't want to let anyone into my bubble that's for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I can associate with this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I moved on. I've forgotten what happened.
Was hell but it taught me so much and I wouldn't go back and change anything. It's made me who I am and no I don't give a crap about them 😝
Reply 5
Original post by Backhurstv
Was hell but it taught me so much and I wouldn't go back and change anything. It's made me who I am and no I don't give a crap about them 😝

You can't be serious. Unless you mean you wouldn't be able to change anything - that's probably true.
(edited 8 years ago)
No I'm serious, it was absolutely awful but I just tried to move on from it and I took what it taught me forwards. I wouldn't have learnt how to be happy with who I am if I hadn't have been so..
Reply 7
So your bullies did you a favour, really?

No I'm serious, it was absolutely awful but I just tried to move on from it and I took what it taught me forwards. I wouldn't have learnt how to be happy with who I am if I hadn't have been so..

I'm 100% sure you would have learned this anyway, and probably in a much less painful way - but I'm happy it worked out for you, anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
To this day - Shane Koyzcan
Reply 9
I was bullied in my first couple of years of Secondary school, and eventually missed the whole of Year 9 due to anxiety resulting from it. To be honest, I think it made me a much stronger person and made me want to work harder, and a lot more determined. It also triggered a lot of things that have helped me a lot, like having my Dyslexia and Dyspraxia diagnosis so I could have access arrangements in my exams. Bullying has helped me a lot overall. I went from literally having 0% attendance to 100%, and not even turning up to exams to actually feeling a lot more confident with them.
Reply 10
Original post by Juicy J
I moved on. I've forgotten what happened.

naa, you continue bullying others :tongue:
Even though I was young, it's one of those things that left a permanent effect on my self esteem and confidence because of how bad it was :redface:
Original post by MrsMars
Even though I was young, it's one of those things that left a permanent effect on my self esteem and confidence because of how bad it was :redface:

Me too
It gave me thicker skin and taught me what was and wasn't acceptable in social environments. I think it's fair to say it shaped me as a person, as I doubt I would have the same interests and beliefs I do today if I had been accepted as a kid.

I wouldn't say it's ruined my life though, any situation I'm in is due to my own actions and choices.

I definitely wouldn't change it either tbh, better to just move and grow from the experience
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
It made me stronger as a person and now I know what to do in those situations. Not sure if I wouldn't want to change it if I went back but then again, I wouldn't be who I am now without that experience so I guess it was beneficial.
Reply 15
I'm no longer social. I don't trust people anymore. I can't small talk when I'm out and about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I was bullied by a Chinese and a white kid with learning disabilities.
I used to be in the lowest sets, not because I was stupid, but because I didn't care. I was bullied for being assumed stupid and people in those sets are idiots. So I decided I would prove everyone wrong.

I ended up with B's and higher in all my GCSE's and I am doing AS maths and Physics and predicted As and Bs. Now the same idiots call me a nerd. I have learned a lot from trying hard but the biggest thing I learnt that is that everyone in secondary school is an idiot who only cares for himself and I treat them likewise. Can't wait to go to uni or a work place with a new slate and people actually have respect for them selves and others.
Original post by Lil08
I was bullied by a Chinese and a white kid with learning disabilities.

What did you do to stoop so low?
It seems that with a lot of people it either improves their confidence a lot or diminishes it. Admittedly I wasn't bullied half as bad as many other people, but I feel it helped me to have a far better sense of humour; I would've taken so called 'banter' pretty badly 5 or 6 years ago but now it's really easy to have a laugh about. Also it's made me realise that a lot of people's opinions really mean nothing to me, for instance if billy no mates with his no GCSE's calls me a wankstain then I couldn't give a toss about it, just move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending