The Student Room Group

I feel incredibly s*** someone please help

Just simply nothing seems to be fine and I can only see negatives in everything
Reply 1
what's going wrong exactly? pin point it and look at the things that are going okay. Talk to someone (if you can) about what is going wrong and try to see what you can do about it! It will get better, even if it doesn't seem so:smile:
Uhhmmm...?
Stop...?
Being cynical?
I guess..?

Or like, expand and I can actually give you some advice.
Helps to talk.
Reply 3
In school I have some issues,I dont really have anyone to talk to. My friends in my country dont care about me tho all said we'll talk.(we moved to the uk not long ago..)and except training I dont see anything that could make me happy
Reply 4
try to make one friend at a time, maybe someone quieter, smile, and remember you're strong enough to stand alone! try doing other things than training, maybe join a school club (if you have any/are in age to use them) or some kind of other hobby! it'll get better dw:smile:
I feel the same really can only see negatives in everything as well. Feel like all my memories are negative as well. Dunno what to do.
Original post by Arkarian
Uhhmmm...?
Stop...?
Being cynical?
I guess..?

Or like, expand and I can actually give you some advice.
Helps to talk.

Cynicism and pessimism are often very rigid thought processes that are difficult to just "stop". This is why i find situations like this quite difficult. I can sometimes be quite pessimistic, and although i think it is beneficial in terms of opening your eyes to the real world, it rarely results in happiness.
Original post by Emily.97
Cynicism and pessimism are often very rigid thought processes that are difficult to just "stop". This is why i find situations like this quite difficult. I can sometimes be quite pessimistic, and although i think it is beneficial in terms of opening your eyes to the real world, it rarely results in happiness.

I agree in all respects to this. The only difference is how you see it.

Everything is always bad and nothing is ever good.
Or
Everything is bad and if good things happen they are even better than if I think its just a normal event.

If you look at everything always being bad then you don't realise how the good things are even better when being cynical or pessimistic.
Original post by buci98
In school I have some issues,I dont really have anyone to talk to. My friends in my country dont care about me tho all said we'll talk.(we moved to the uk not long ago..)and except training I dont see anything that could make me happy

If you need someone to talk to there are many people including myself who are happy to talk to you in PMs or in public chats.
Reply 9
I went through a phase when i felt like i had nobody to talk to at school and that and it was horrible. But i just decided that i didn't need anyone else and that i was my own person. People seem to find this as and interesting quality and i now have a new group of friends and things are looking up. Honestly don't worry, just do things that make you happy and you will be surprised what comes out from it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by buci98
Just simply nothing seems to be fine and I can only see negatives in everything

Don't feel alone, there are organisations and people available to help you - some useful links below. I wish you all the best x

http://www.getconnected.org.uk/

http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/what-are-mental-health-problems/mental-health-help-you/other-useful-organisations

Quick Reply

Latest