The Student Room Group

To all Feminists : Why are you feminists?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by princess.natalie
The sad thing?

Well yeah its sad we have to wait for them to die and their opinions are so set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fm81
Well yeah its sad we have to wait for them to die and their opinions are so set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it sad when people are so closed minded too
FEMINISTS SUPPORT GENDER EQUALITY.
THERE IS NO SPECIFIC REGION THE SUPPORT IS LIMITED TO.
The more support feminism has around the world, the more the world will listen.

That doesnt answer my question

Original post by ilovereading
Why is the human race called "mankind"?

Wow.
Original post by MenAreHumanToo
That doesnt answer my question

Wow.

How does it not? You asked how we can make a difference by being feminists to areas where the way women are treated is even worse.
By making it worldly accepted that treating women as less than equal and spreading the word that women are just as intelligent etc as men, it will stop.
There are plenty of activist groups out there defending women right now.
How does it not? You asked how we can make a difference by being feminists to areas where the way women are treated is even worse.
By making it worldly accepted that treating women as less than equal and spreading the word that women are just as intelligent etc as men, it will stop.
There are plenty of activist groups out there defending women right now.

Prove it
Original post by Foo.mp3
Simply because women do not yet enjoy the same full rights, rewards and privileges as men, and we need to continue to close the gap in the interests of fairness :smile:

They have more rights than men

Spoiler

Original post by MenAreHumanToo
Prove it

What?
Original post by Synonym
go free your nipple ffs.. its all about the suffering of women aint it ? .. anyways cba with this thread no more have a great day :colone:

It is about the suffering of women. Because suffer at the hands of society and sexism and oppression. http://listverse.com/2013/03/16/10-reasons-we-still-need-feminism/. Enlighten yourself.
I understand the concept of feminism and think it's a good cause, women do face oppression.
However, if this movement was created in places like India or other third world countries I would completely understand because they face so much oppression it's crazy. But for women in established countries such as America saying they're opressed is hilarious, so selfish thinking about why you don't get paid £10 more a year whereas women in India dont even have the right to work - pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending