The Student Room Group

Masters Degree Choice

Hello everyone.

I am facing a little 'dilemma' at the moment. I am a graduate student from Cass Business School, holding a BSc in Finance with a First Degree.

I am currently holding two offers for my MSc studies.

1 Offer: LSE MSc in Management, Organisation and Governance
2 Offer: Imperial MSc in Economics and Strategy for Business

3 'choice': wait one year and get into LBS MiM course or some finance/economics related course at Cambridge.

I am would welcome some advice here, because I am not certain, which path I should follow.

Eventually, I want to end up in strategy consulting.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Well thats a pretty tough choice, all the 3 schools are pretty well known & prestigious. I have some fair knowledge about the MiM at LBS and LSE, so i can give my 2 cents about them. Also in my view LSE and LBS have a more established MiM program over Imperial, so i think that automatically puts them above Imperial, but then thats my view point.

Well as for LSE and LBS, these are the differences according to what ive found:

1) LBS is a fast paced 1 year program while LSE is a more theoretical 2 year program. In fact LSE describes its MiM program as "unshamedly academic" and touts it as a program to build a sound business foundation.
2) LBS costs around around 27500 pounds while LSE is a total of almost 50000 pounds, of course it is a 1 year vs 2 year program
3) LBS core values are more towards leadership and dynamism while LSE preaches a more in depth critical thinking approach as can be observed via its core value "Analyzing the cause of things"
4) Base Salary of 36,295PS & 97% accepted a Job offer within 3 months of graduation for LBS
86% in work/further study 6 months after graduation & 38,100 pounds avg salary for LSE

So in conclusion if you are looking for a faster way to get a good business education and get into the industry - LBS is a good choice, while f you want to build a strong business foundation and dont mind a more in-depth 2 year course LSE would be optimal.
As for getting into strategy consulting, don't worry. All top consulting companies recruit from both LSE and LBS, its a really great way to enter the consulting sector.
Hope the answer helped. :smile:
You can check out www.MiM-Essay.com for more detailed reviews about the schools, as well as info on how to crack their admission process.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest