The Student Room Group

What happened with OCR F324 chemistry?

Scroll to see replies

Did any one get a structure they were happy with on the NMR?
Original post by drbumblebee
everyone just needs to stop scatting at other peoples comments - ok some people did feel it was hard , some people thought it was easy - my teacher who is an examiner did say exam papers are getting harder , but blame Michael gove for that .. lets just move on , stop comparing answers , your papers been sent off now , the universities are not deaf or blind , they will see the reaction to the paper and know about it , grade boundaries will be altered. People react to stress in different ways so condesending each other isnt going to help. pack it up , throw away the revision, move on to F325 and what other exams are happening and just forget about it till august :smile:

Agreed! It's out of our hands now guys.. If you've worked your ass off then you should get the grade you deserve.. If not, then you know where you went wrong.. Nothing we can do now but do the best we can for Unit 5! Stupidly tempted to finish with YOLO.. But "best of luck everyone" deemed more appropriate..

Thank you for the optimism (:
Original post by Charlie Choyce
Did any one get a structure they were happy with on the NMR?

I got R1 to be CH3 and R2 to be C6H5(benzene)CH2CH3 ?
Reply 63
Last question was a killer.
Original post by sherlockholmes96
did anybody get the last structure or the m/z question - the 2 structures?

I got R1 to be CH3, and R2 to be benzene followed by amide followed by ethyl group
Can't remember the m/z question structures, but thought it was cruel for [2]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Original post by Lucascheng400
I got R1 to be CH3 and R2 to be C6H5(benzene)CH2CH3 ?

There was a C13NMR perk of wavelength 170ppm, I got your structure but with an amide between the benzene and ethyl group
Not looking forward to the rest of the OCR science exams :colonhash: especially physics what are they gonna to us in that?!:goodnight:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by ETRC
biology was crap, chemistry was crap

im ****** for physics tomorrow

Rest in pepperonis
Original post by Charlie Choyce
There was a C13NMR perk of wavelength 170ppm, I got your structure but with an amide between the benzene and ethyl group

What about the carbon R1 and R2 attached to?
Original post by drbumblebee
everyone just needs to stop scatting at other peoples comments - ok some people did feel it was hard , some people thought it was easy - my teacher who is an examiner did say exam papers are getting harder , but blame Michael gove for that .. lets just move on , stop comparing answers , your papers been sent off now , the universities are not deaf or blind , they will see the reaction to the paper and know about it , grade boundaries will be altered. People react to stress in different ways so condesending each other isnt going to help. pack it up , throw away the revision, move on to F325 and what other exams are happening and just forget about it till august :smile:

I've not seen one person yet who has said it was easy...
Original post by Lucascheng400
What about the carbon R1 and R2 attached to?

Looking at my structure now, I have too many carbon environments, there should be 14 including the benzene ring of the 2,4-DNP.
If it makes anyone feel better, aqa chem 4 was hard as well. I think it's just the whole of a level chemistry this year....
Reply 73
I dont do chemistry but ive got the a2 ocr physics exam tomorrow and considering how chemistry went with physics been generally a harder subject it seem im pretty done for. Thanks guys.
I'm disgusted with that paper
:cry2:
Original post by finchieface
I feel like signing up for the re-takes next year already

Know if Russel group unis accept A2 re-sitters? :frown:
Reply 77
Original post by saeed97
Rest in pepperonis

just went through all the papers today
if we get 30 marks of calculations it would be a good paper

i just hope there are no crappy situations like a vessel with air going in and out and they tell you to explain that with the gas law crap

if we have 40 marks of calculations and definitions i would not mind 20 marks of crap they could do tbh
Reply 78
Original post by sherlockholmes96
did anybody get the last structure or the m/z question - the 2 structures?

You had to double the amino acid and remove 2 OH groups
I really dont miss external exam boards, they really and truly suck.

I sat OCR F324 a few years back, and I struggled with it. Chemistry just sucks, but remember, if twitters going nuts, the grade boundaries are going to be low. They adjust the grade boundaries so percentages of people get A, B, C etc etc etc.

So if everyone does crap, they adjust the grades so that the top 20% ish I think it was will get an A. Now if the top 20% all happened to get 40/100, then thats what the grade boundary will.

Stop worrying all, it will all be okay. Besides, its done now. Forget about it, nothing your gonna do is gonna change it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending