The Student Room Group

GCSE art help!

Could someone please explain to me how GCSE art works? I am starting next week and am extremely confused!

I know that you have a theme which you use to develop your artwork. Is it given to you or do you choose your own?

Also, what do you have to do to get a high grade?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by feministalaska
Could someone please explain to me how GCSE art works? I am starting next week and am extremely confused!

I know that you have a theme which you use to develop your artwork. Is it given to you or do you choose your own?

Also, what do you have to do to get a high grade?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I finished my GCSE art last year, I'm not doing A-level art.
I cant exactly tell you what you will do in the course because I cant remember. All the work you do from Yr9 or whenever you picked it up to Yr11 will count towards your final grade. In yr9 I did a few smaller projects and then in Yr10, 11 i did a project for the whole year if i remember correctly. In year 11 you will do a two day exam where you produce a final piece based on a question that you will pick. You will also have to create a body of work on this question prior to the exam.

When I was in year 11 i think some of the questions were like fragmentation, cubism or something like that. there was more but i cant remember them. I really enjoyed doing GCSE art, its a good course. A few tips if would give you is to annotate everything, experiment, quality not quantity and collect a lot of first hand research (e.g. photos). I managed to get an A at the end of my GCSE and if you follow the tips then I'm sure you'll get a good grade. Also listen to your teacher because they are there for a reason.

Hope this helped, im not great at explaining things tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending