The Student Room Group

How do you know which university does clearing for what courses?

I want to have back up plans just in case I don't get my grades. Is there a way to find out what courses are available for different unis? I'm hoping for medicine related courses for clearing like pharmacy, biomed or pharmaceutical law. Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rosheeen
I want to have back up plans just in case I don't get my grades. Is there a way to find out what courses are available for different unis? Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i m afraid you cant know for definete until results day. Some list their clearing places in july but most will do it on results day
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
i m afraid you cant know for definete until results day. Some list their clearing places in july but most will do it on results day

Right okay. Are biomed, pharmacy or pharmaceutical law usually in clearing? Like I know that you can't get into dentistry via clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its as the lost says above, however you could ring individual universities and see if they have spaces on any of their degrees.

You can't guess which universities are in clearing due to the universities themselves not knowing the percentage of their firms not making the grades. They are also more likely to give their places to people who put them as their insurance than random new people in clearing.

Don't you have an insurance? What grades do you need and what did you get in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosheeen
Right okay. Are biomed, pharmacy or pharmaceutical law usually in clearing? Like I know that you can't get into dentistry via clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont know much about those subjects, however barely anything competitive is ever in clearing which i presume biomed and phamacy and law to have plenty of applicants going for them.

you could always try and find last years clearing listing but that doesn't guarantee they ll be in there this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending