The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Accommodation for insurers

How does accommodation work for those who insured bristol? I know we don't sort it out until results day assuming we miss our firms, but doesn't this put us at a disadvantage since we're booking so last minute? Are we even guaranteed accommodation? I hadn't looked it up before but I might have missed my firm offer so I'm looking for more info. would appreciate input ty :smile:
Original post by misteltain
How does accommodation work for those who insured bristol? I know we don't sort it out until results day assuming we miss our firms, but doesn't this put us at a disadvantage since we're booking so last minute? Are we even guaranteed accommodation? I hadn't looked it up before but I might have missed my firm offer so I'm looking for more info. would appreciate input ty :smile:

According to the website, if it's your insurance you are still guaranteed accommodation. Once Bristol know you will be going to Bristol they will allow you to apply for accommodation in the same way people who had Bristol firmed will have already done, making 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

The biggest difference is any oversubscribed accommodation will be removed from the list so you will given the choice of what is remaining. Bristol isn't first come first serve with accommodation so as long as you apply before the specified date you are guaranteed accommodation - it may not be one of your preferences though depending on availability.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by k4l397
According to the website, if it's your insurance you are still guaranteed accommodation. Once Bristol know you will be going to Bristol they will allow you to apply for accommodation in the same way people who had Bristol firmed will have already done, making 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

The biggest difference is any oversubscribed accommodation will be removed from the list so you will given the choice of what is remaining. Bristol isn't first come first serve with accommodation so as long as you apply before the specified date you are guaranteed accommodation - it may not be one of your preferences though depending on availability.

Thanks for the explanation! I was afraid it would become first come first serve given how late we'd be applying. Still a shame about the oversubscribed thing, I was hoping to get the one with a music room but I think it was quite popular already. Anyway thanks again x

Quick Reply