The Student Room Group

year 12 RETAKEI

I want to retake year 12 with the same exam boards that I sat but at another school. How do I know which schools offer the same exam boards?

Maths: Edexcel

Physics : OCR A

Chemistry: OCR A

Thanks.
Original post by Ahmed231
I want to retake year 12 with the same exam boards that I sat but at another school. How do I know which schools offer the same exam boards?
Thanks.

You look on the school web sites and if that doesn't make it clear you contact them and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont even know if you can resit current spec with other boards anymore?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
i dont even know if you can resit current spec with other boards anymore?

True, if retaking the AS exams but continuing into year 13 it will be possible to resit current specifications but if restarting the year the maths will be the same but the others would be the new syllabus

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
True, if retaking the AS exams but continuing into year 13 it will be possible to resit current specifications but if restarting the year the maths will be the same but the others would be the new syllabus

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think with edexcel maths op could.

But if he is resitting it alongside then possible, but i dont know if a centre would do that.
Reply 5
Original post by Ahmed231

If you want to re-take the Year then the specifications will have changed for Physics and Cehmistry and you will have to change to new ones (so the exam board won't matter.) Loads of centres choose Edexcel for A level Maths - you should be able to tell whch by looking at their 6th form prospectus information on line.

Quick Reply

Latest