The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

So as far as I can see, no one has been rejected so far for any scheme?
Original post by Copycats&Acrobats
At least there is still hope :smile:

True. Confirmed with them today that I am definitely amberbanded for all three, sigh. Also asked for my report, but I am not getting it until rejected or accepted, apparently. I wonder what the logic behind that is - don't really see what harm it would do to give me my grade?
Original post by Redkite12
Hi stopping lurking to say I got 15.09 and am through to DS FSB. Good luck and well done to everyone!

Thats nuts congrats! I got a score of 15.56 last year at FSAC and that didnt get me anything though it did get me to the final amber band round in april. This year with whatever ive gotten ive passed CD and am awaiting results for DS... So i must have a lower score than yours but far lower than last year lols.

Edit: Just been catching up on the thread, saw the earlier post about the change in scoring between this year and last.
(edited 8 years ago)
I only had my FSAC on Friday- is it likely I've been Amber banded, as it still says awaiting results, or that my results haven't been released yet at it was so recent?
Original post by Jambo04
Thats nuts congrats! I got a score of 15.56 last year at FSAC and that didnt get me anything though it did get me to the final amber band round in april. This year with whatever ive gotten ive passed CD and am awaiting results for DS... So i must have a lower score than yours but far lower than last year lols.

See posts above. 15.09 is an awesome score now because they are only using 5 groups of competencies, not 6!
Original post by Marwin123
True. Confirmed with them today that I am definitely amberbanded for all three, sigh. Also asked for my report, but I am not getting it until rejected or accepted, apparently. I wonder what the logic behind that is - don't really see what harm it would do to give me my grade?

How did you go about confirming this?
Original post by butler994
I only had my FSAC on Friday- is it likely I've been Amber banded, as it still says awaiting results, or that my results haven't been released yet at it was so recent?

If your score doesn't change after one week, you've been amber banded.
Sooooo, anyone knows what happens now? I assume we'll hear either way about DS by the end of the month if the FSBs are in March?
Original post by emmelinecarr
Sooooo, anyone knows what happens now? I assume we'll hear either way about DS by the end of the month if the FSBs are in March?

I messaged and they said bands are narrowed every 3 weeks until the end of March!
Original post by Junglee

I've been booted out for diplomatic service, which doesn't bode well for my success in CD/EFS given that there are others who are amber banded for DS and are still awaiting results also for CD. DS is so crazy competitive that it's probably silly to draw too many conclusions from this though... I would imagine there are a few others who are not through for DS, but don't think I've come across anyone yet..
Original post by Junglee
How did you go about confirming this?

I just messaged them. Because I am amberbanded for all of them I received no message at all, so I had the tiniest bit of hope that they had simply forgotten me, haha. But yeah, if there is no message at all you are amberbanded for all of them.
Original post by Marwin123

Probably to stop you speculating and comparing with others on here.
Original post by Haymaker
Probably to stop you speculating and comparing with others on here.

But then why would they give out scores to those who have been successful for one scheme but are amberbanded for the other? Surely those people would speculate too?
Original post by katieeleanor1
I messaged and they said bands are narrowed every 3 weeks until the end of March!

:frown: My AC isn't until the end of March, such a long time to wait while everyone is getting results!!!
Original post by paddy25
I've been booted out for diplomatic service, which doesn't bode well for my success in CD/EFS given that there are others who are amber banded for DS and are still awaiting results also for CD. DS is so crazy competitive that it's probably silly to draw too many conclusions from this though... I would imagine there are a few others who are not through for DS, but don't think I've come across anyone yet..

I'm not through to DS (amber-banded for CD) :smile:
Reply 2395
Original post by Junglee

Err, you didn't look very hard did you? Lots of people have been rejected from various schemes.
Original post by katieeleanor1

For the DS? Thanks for getting in touch!
Original post by katiem88
I'm not through to DS (amber-banded for CD) :smile:

You are, haha. Just read what you wrote a few pages back! Sorry, I missed a lot with the craziness of yesterday. You said you got a score of 13.53 right? That's actually not a bad score when scaled up to compare to last year's system - equivalent to 16.24 unless my maths fails me, and I think that would have been enough to get into CD though I don't know for sure. On the basis of this, I'm hoping that our scores aren't a million miles away haha.

EDIT: 15.95 was enough to get in via final band narrowing circa April time last year I think
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nightwing_
:frown: My AC isn't until the end of March, such a long time to wait while everyone is getting results!!!

I have a long wait for FSAC too... It's not until April!!! At least we will get our results pretty instantly afterwards though. :smile:

Also, it doesn't matter if we are successful now, or in March/April, it won't affect our placements. This is not done until May/June time

The wait for FSAC for me is painstaking because I am not sure if I have the job I want in Sept or not!!
Original post by paddy25
You are, haha. Just read what you wrote a few pages back! Sorry, I missed a lot with the craziness of yesterday. You said you got a score of 13.53 right? That's actually not a bad score when scaled up to compare to last year's system - equivalent to 16.24 unless my maths fails me, and I think that would have been enough to get into CD though I don't know for sure. On the basis of this, I'm hoping that our scores aren't a million miles away haha

Haha yeah, I'd be interested to see if anything comes of it, though I've accepted another offer in the meantime as I don't think I can realistically go through another recruiting year for the third time if it's unsuccessful.

On the topic of reports, I downloaded mine when it was initially available - but now I can't see any link to it anywhere, so I wonder if maybe I wasn't supposed to have it yet - which could be why many people don't have theirs? Ah well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending