The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Just refreshed my portal, successful for EFS!
Original post by florete

Congratulations!
Original post by DonieMacaroni
Congratulations!

Haha, thanks Donie :wink:
Original post by florete

Well done. Assuming that's the offer you're accepting, I should see you there later this year (as long as my ex-bosses don't let on what I dick I am :wink: )
Original post by Haymaker
Well done. Assuming that's the offer you're accepting, I should see you there later this year (as long as my ex-bosses don't let on what I dick I am :wink: )

Sure is, it's actually the only stream I applied for. See you there! :smile:
Is anyone else still waiting for Comms?
Reply 4226
Anyone heard anything recently? Still waiting for EFS and can't believe it's almost June.
Reply 4227
Same here ecjb got GFS but waiting for EFS. Maybe we are on a waiting list? When a couple of people have declined EFS we might be 'successful'.
Reply 4228
Original post by S/J
Same here ecjb got GFS but waiting for EFS. Maybe we are on a waiting list? When a couple of people have declined EFS we might be 'successful'.

Probably! That's the only plausible explanation for having to wait this long haha
Original post by emmelinecarr
Huge congrats!!! Mine hasn't changed yet 😁😁

Original post by fishingman
Thanks! I was expecting to find out directly from the FCO, so I've sent an email to confirm whether the portal is actually right. Praying it's not a mistake!

Original post by theclassic
Does anyone know if we get FSB reports?

Original post by Grapes.92
Has anyone heard about their SEFS FSB? I can't stop checking! :smile:

Original post by florete

Original post by DonieMacaroni
Congratulations!

Original post by butler994
Is anyone else still waiting for Comms?

When do you guys all start? :biggrin:
Bump? :gah:
Original post by Civility
When do you guys all start? :biggrin:

The fast stream newsletter email the other day said the two start dates are 5 September and 3 October. Hoping for October personally.
The fast stream newsletter email the other day said the two start dates are 5 September and 3 October. Hoping for October personally.

Did you put sept/oct or just oct? I'm wondering if its a preference or a 'I can't start until oct' if you tick only oct like i did!

Original post by bubbaa
Did you put sept/oct or just oct? I'm wondering if its a preference or a 'I can't start until oct' if you tick only oct like i did!

I see :smile: What stream did you apply for?
Original post by bubbaa

I ticked just Oct. My notice period means I'll be in my current job till the end of September, but hopefully all the students will want to start ASAP so it balances...

Original post by Civility
I see :smile: What stream did you apply for?

EFS, not that it affects start date. It's all the same except for FCO
I ticked just Oct. My notice period means I'll be in my current job till the end of September, but hopefully all the students will want to start ASAP so it balances...

EFS, not that it affects start date. It's all the same except for FCO

What do they stand for? :gah:
Hey peeps, hope you're all well!

I'm probably a bit behind a lot of you since I started in the 2nd round. I'm doing my e tray next week and wanted some info/advice if anybody has some!

I've read through the online info and done the practise test, so was wondering if anybody had any more specific info on what it will be like.

For example do you know how many questions you'll have to answer? Or do the emails just keep coming into your inbox and at some point you might have answered all of them? I also read that it doesn't matter in what order you answer the questions. So do this mean that you don't need to prioritise which emails you answer?

Also more importantly, what was the written part like?

I couldn't find much discussion of the e-tray in this thread but if it has already been discussed, could anyone please link me to the correct page?

Thank you!

Sam
Original post by sseed1994
Hey peeps, hope you're all well!

I'm probably a bit behind a lot of you since I started in the 2nd round. I'm doing my e tray next week and wanted some info/advice if anybody has some!

I've read through the online info and done the practise test, so was wondering if anybody had any more specific info on what it will be like.

For example do you know how many questions you'll have to answer? Or do the emails just keep coming into your inbox and at some point you might have answered all of them? I also read that it doesn't matter in what order you answer the questions. So do this mean that you don't need to prioritise which emails you answer?

Also more importantly, what was the written part like?

I couldn't find much discussion of the e-tray in this thread but if it has already been discussed, could anyone please link me to the correct page?

Thank you!

Sam

Tbh I think its a bit unfair if we tell you what its like given we weren't given any extra information when we sat it.
Original post by jelly1000
Tbh I think its a bit unfair if we tell you what its like given we weren't given any extra information when we sat it.

That's fair enough, maybe I was wrong to ask. Thanks for your honesty
Original post by sseed1994
That's fair enough, maybe I was wrong to ask. Thanks for your honesty

I think at this stage, someone else doing well or passing the e-tray doesn't affect those of us who have already gone through the whole process? I don't remember how many questions there were but yes the emails keep coming and there's a lot of guidance I found online about the civil service e-tray specifically.

I don't know if they would have changed the written at all because some of us obviously already sat the one for the first round but just make sure you address all the points they ask you to (they're very specific about what they expect you to include!). I passed my e-tray and FSAC but for both the written part of the e-tray and the written exercise on the day I ran out of time and I'm sure my score would have been higher if I'd finished.

Just use your time wisely without rushing your decisions. I failed my e-tray a couple of years ago the first time I applied by making the wrong decisions! So don't be disheartened if it doesn't work out this time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending