The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

In other news Parity requested my birth certificate today, which was a stress, they say once received they can mark my pre appointment checks as cleared. My passport has expired and apparently my driving licence and civil service reference plus mortgage statement isn't enough lol
Reply 4441
I sent off my pre-appointment checks on the 14/10 and they emailed me the following Monday stating my department would be in touch in a few days. I've heard nothing from them since!!!!

As disclosure Scotland state they take roughly 14 days to complete the checks, I assume the process must be rather slow considering the number of DAS applicants there are. I've emailed anyway...hopefully i shall receive an update.

I'll post if I receive any helpful news.
Reply 4442
Original post by JoJoBonetto
In other news Parity requested my birth certificate today, which was a stress, they say once received they can mark my pre appointment checks as cleared. My passport has expired and apparently my driving licence and civil service reference plus mortgage statement isn't enough lol

How odd!! I'd have thought being a civil servant already would make the pre-appointment checks process simpler. Surely they must have enough information about you on record?!
Original post by mtw09
How odd!! I'd have thought being a civil servant already would make the pre-appointment checks process simpler. Surely they must have enough information about you on record?!

I have been in service eleven years, have been vetted by Disclosure Scotland and it is so obvious I have a "right to remain" they need a new phrase for it! I am also a community governor since 2008 so was vetted for that, worked for two police forces and was vetted for them, and own my property since 2007.

I don't think they can find a more boring person.

I know I need to renew my passport but with photos it will cost around £80 and I keep putting it off!
I really post my updates to manage people's expectations about the civil service lol.

It's an OK place to work for but not joined up at all and you need to very much be a self starter and motivated to make things happen, or nothing will lol.
Has anybody heard back from HMRC yet? They said that we can expect to hear from them by the 9th, but that only gives them until Wednesday...
I heard from DAS this morning by email confirming I am allocated to MoJ and stating I will hear more about role etc by 21 November, if that helps with timescales. I emailed DAS on Thursday asking if they could give me a clue and they said they were awaiting on MoJ to confirm roles and locations and should know within 7 days. To be fair, it seems to me it's the departments that are slow and not CSR/DAS or Parity. Parity have cleared my pre appointment checks already lol.
I heard from DAS this morning by email confirming I am allocated to MoJ and stating I will hear more about role etc by 21 November, if that helps with timescales. I emailed DAS on Thursday asking if they could give me a clue and they said they were awaiting on MoJ to confirm roles and locations and should know within 7 days. To be fair, it seems to me it's the departments that are slow and not CSR/DAS or Parity. Parity have cleared my pre appointment checks already lol.

Thanks! Yeah I was told my allocated department on the 19th October, and that I will hear more about roles by 9th November. It does seem to be the departments that are causing the wait now! Hopefully I will hear back about roles/locations soon, because it's stressing me out wondering if I'm going to have to move halfway across the country at some point in the near future. Congratulations on MoJ!
Original post by differentnumber
Thanks! Yeah I was told my allocated department on the 19th October, and that I will hear more about roles by 9th November. It does seem to be the departments that are causing the wait now! Hopefully I will hear back about roles/locations soon, because it's stressing me out wondering if I'm going to have to move halfway across the country at some point in the near future. Congratulations on MoJ!

Yeah. I can't afford to take it unless it is local. I am resigning from my role to go self employed if this post isn't viable. I wish they would just get on with it now so I can plan. Lol.
Yeah. I can't afford to take it unless it is local. I am resigning from my role to go self employed if this post isn't viable. I wish they would just get on with it now so I can plan. Lol.

I'm currently in the land of graduate unemployment and living with my parents, so I told them I'd go literally anywhere. I was hoping it would work in my favour, but now I'm just stressed that they're going to be like "yeah, can you be in London in two weeks?" I'm holding out hope that if they offer me a role it'll be in the North West so I can at least commute whilst I look for somewhere to live. I hope everything works out for you :smile:
I'm currently in the land of graduate unemployment and living with my parents, so I told them I'd go literally anywhere. I was hoping it would work in my favour, but now I'm just stressed that they're going to be like "yeah, can you be in London in two weeks?" I'm holding out hope that if they offer me a role it'll be in the North West so I can at least commute whilst I look for somewhere to live. I hope everything works out for you :smile:

A lot of civil service departments have a presence in the north so fingers crossed.
I said I prefer the East. But I did say I would consider London. I consider that a £7000 season ticket to London on an EO salary would take me beneath minimum wage at the age of forty lol. Good luck to you too!
Any HMRC'ers heard about their role yet? I haven't completed my pre-appointment checks yet for a plethora of reasons and I worry this will affect me hearing back.
Original post by dmow20
Any HMRC'ers heard about their role yet? I haven't completed my pre-appointment checks yet for a plethora of reasons and I worry this will affect me hearing back.

I literally just heard! Been offered a role in Manchester/Salford (subject to all the checks) which I am ecstatic about! I hope you hear back soon!
I literally just heard! Been offered a role in Manchester/Salford (subject to all the checks) which I am ecstatic about! I hope you hear back soon!

Congratulations! I just heard back too! I'm based in Croydon!

Fingers crossed this qualifies me for the London based wage...
Congrats!
Reply 4455
Has anyone heard back from the Home Office? I was told I'd hear back by the 2nd but been told there are delays. Starting to worry now!
Original post by Riful
Has anyone heard back from the Home Office? I was told I'd hear back by the 2nd but been told there are delays. Starting to worry now!

I'm waiting too, it's a bit ridiculous now it's been over two months and dates are still being pushed back. Have you heard anything on location? I hope it's Westminster, Croydon would be such a trek for me everyday from where I live (assuming you asked for London).
(edited 7 years ago)

I've been offered the same, congrats!
Have received and offer for
Tax professional caseworker/manager

2 job descriptions do not sure which one it's actually for
It is pretty vague
Also not sure on the part it mentions shift patterns
Anyone aware of shifts?

Location not great for me
Was hoping for Glasgow as it is close and nearly less than 100 p/m to commute whilst Edinburgh monthly train is 270

Does taking this actually increase chances of getting on future grad scheme for hmrc?
Reply 4459
Original post by Cornell
I'm waiting too, it's a bit ridiculous now it's been over two months and dates are still being pushed back. Have you heard anything on location? I hope it's Westminster, Croydon would be such a trek for me everyday from where I live (assuming you asked for London).

I had a phone call yesterday offering me an "informal chat" next week - I'm hoping
for a Northern position as I couldn't afford to live down London. Good luck with Westminster

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending