The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Overall what is the university like

What is university of bath like?is the social life good?and the overall teaching?what is the area like?
The city is really nice and pretty. I also really like the campus, quite small so everything is close together, so good social life. Bath is overall a good uni, but obviously it's better/more well-known for some courses. I just finished my 1st year there and really enjoyed it, i just love Bath and the campus, although there's alwys stuff you complain about. I'd definitely recommend coming here.
Fire away if you have any specific questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
what is the open day like at bath university?
I've only been to an open day after receiving my offer, so it was from my department. But tey tell you loads about your department and specific courses, the equipment available. Then you also get to go on a tour around campus with a current student, so you can ask them questions and they'll tell you about all sorts of stuff and you can see accommodation too. If you're interested in coming to Bath I'd definitely recommend going to an open day. When I saw the campus and a bit of the city I really really liked it :smile: so I made it my firm choice and here I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What's thw social atmosphere like? I'm neither a big drinker or a sporty person, so is there still stuff for me to get involved with? Bath does have a reputation for being sporty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brad387
What's thw social atmosphere like? I'm neither a big drinker or a sporty person, so is there still stuff for me to get involved with? Bath does have a reputation for being sporty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just finished my first year at Bath. I don't do sport and I'm teetotal, so.....

It hasn't been the slightest problem. There are loads of other societies and clubs - you just join the ones you want. It makes absolutely zero difference whether you choose not to join the football, or lacrosse, or water polo, or netball, or whatever sports team. The only societies which matter are those you do choose to join, and there are millions of them. https://www.bathstudent.com/socs/

As for not drinking (or drinking only lightly), honestly? People don't care in the slightest. As long as you don't get all high and mighty about it nobody minds at all. I still get involved in social events, I still go on nights out occasionally, I still have a great time with my mates. But I choose not to drink and that doesn't matter in the slightest. I have yet to meet a **single** person to criticise me for not drinking, or try to make me drink. I don't make a big deal about it just get on with my own evening.

Atmosphere is good. Plenty of social life if you want it, but I don't feel forced into sports or drinking cultures I don't like. Works great for me.
Reply 6
Thanks. How did you find accomodation?
Original post by Brad387
Thanks. How did you find accomodation?

The accommodation is good. Bath doesn't really do bad halls as such. Some are slightly nicer than others, but all are very habitable.

I was a Quads resident. It was very nice, but certainly not the only nice accommodation block. As I say, I think they're all nice.

Plus you'll definitely make friends wherever you go. Everyone wants to make friends at uni, and as long as you don't completely recluse yourself, trust me, it will happen :smile:

If there's anything specific you want to ask about various accommodation blocks, feel free. Or if there's anything specific at all you want to ask on anything, again, more than happy. :smile:
Reply 8
Just graduated from Bath. Great university - extremely prestigious, great city, amazing people. The best 4 years of my life. Would recommend to anyone! Fantastic institution to have on your CV - as I'm finding now
This thread is quite old, but I've made a thread here which will hopefully serve as a megathread for asking students questions that they can answer.

Quick Reply

Latest