The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Attack outside the university

I'm not trying to worry any potential students, but can anyone tell me what happened outside the university yesterday because at about 4 0 clock when I went to catch the bus there was a huge pool of blood on the pavement near the bus stop and a massive crowd of people not to mention an ambulance. I've been told a student was attacked by three men in a lorry who pulled up and started hitting them with hammers..? Is that rubbish.? I can't believe the local news hasn't picked up upon the story- even if it is bad pr for the uni it's pretty shocking that it happened in broad daylight. Well if anyone knows, please tell me. Just out of curiosity if anything.
I heard a hammer was involved too, thats pretty shocking if thats the case.
I'm not 100% sure what happened either but so far ive heard it was an unprovoked attack.

Hope he's ok.

Mat
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I heard that too but I havent seen owt on the news sites.
Reply 4
i was told about this yesterday but when i walked down past the Other rooms
there was no crime scene or anything.
The police usually leave a board with a number to ring with information on but there was nothing.
its strange ive been here since september and i havent had hassle off anyone
chavs or asians alike.I live in Firth Point and walk up that way two or three times a day. The guy was 44 and not a student so perhaps theres some history between him and the guys who attacked him we dont know about.
Either way its still shocking and perhaps they did clean up the place quick because it would give the uni a bad press.
Attacking someone with a hammer is the lowest of the low i hope they catch them quick
thanks for the info m8.
Reply 6
I take it no one has noticed that parts of the road between royal mail and tesco have been blocked off with police crime tape. Was on my way to camel in the taxi and saw it all.

Might be something to do with the stormy weather. Oh well.

As for the attack outside the university, I would probably bet on the whole 'history between them' concept.
Reply 7
Between Tesco and Shout, the side road that heads to the ring road?

If aye, its because the roof tiles off a building had come off in the wind yesterday and they had deemed it "unsafe" (as I heard in the sandwich shop today).
Reply 8
Ah thats along the lines of what we came up with last night when we saw it all.
Reply 9
I saw the road blocked off, the taxi driver told us there'd been a shooting.

That's when my friend [and Ian can guess which friend it was :p:] starting trying to get loads of info out of our taxi driver and got the response 'I dunno mate, I didn't do it!'

But I've seen nothing about it on the news or anything, so wether there's any truth in it, I've no idea.
Whats happening to Huddersfield?
I know it wasnt the safest place to start with but it seems to be going rapidly downhill.
Reply 11
I think it's safer than Swansea is. But then again, I did have a murderer living just down the road from my house in Swansea...
wey, roll on hudds, lets get involved, i'll start a protection racket!

Latest

Trending

Trending