The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Diploma or Degree?

Hi everyone,
I'm considering studying with OU from October but cannot make my mind up whether to apply for the Open Diploma or Degree. I've looked at the level 3 modules and presently they seem a little bit 'above me' , however I'm assuming that as one progresses so in turn will confidence within one's ability? On a separate note, how do you find managing your study time with work/children?
I'm being very indecisive at the moment, just wish maybe my cautious nature and ability to overthink things would go away and I could just go for it.
Original post by Becky17507
Hi everyone,
I'm considering studying with OU from October but cannot make my mind up whether to apply for the Open Diploma or Degree. I've looked at the level 3 modules and presently they seem a little bit 'above me' , however I'm assuming that as one progresses so in turn will confidence within one's ability? On a separate note, how do you find managing your study time with work/children?
I'm being very indecisive at the moment, just wish maybe my cautious nature and ability to overthink things would go away and I could just go for it.

degree is better
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Becky17507
Hi everyone,

It'll depend what you want to use it for. A degree would help you get into a wider range of subjects/careers.

But as you can chop and change with the OU it really doesn't matter. The diploma is 240 credits of level 1 and 2 modules and the degree is an additional 120 credits of level 3 so you can wait until you get there to decide what you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest