The Student Room Group

The same seagull attacks me nearly everyday

So in the mornings I or afternoons when I go outside and walk for a minute or so this seagull always tries to divebomb me at the back of my head. At first I thought this was temporary but now its gotten to the point where I am totally fedup with it. Just today I caught it swooping in on the back of my head at top speed with its claws fully out but it evaded my punching swing rather easily and flew away.
I really can't afford to spend an extra 5 minutes going around its territory to my destination but at the same time I can't be bothered to watch my back everytime.

Anyone ever had a similar nuisance to deal with?

Scroll to see replies

I just take the dog with me whenever I head out to Seagull territory. Never been pooped on by a seagull or attacked by a seagull since.
Reply 3
Seagulls... the chavs of the avian world
Have you tried contacting the police? Judging by their behaviour they're just street thug seagulls so dont be afraid.
Kill it and hide the evidence. Job done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im sorry but this made me lol :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by cake_lover
Im sorry but this made me lol :lol:

Its a serious inconvenience
Do you run when it tries to attack you?
I got attacked by a few crows the other day, they're vicious.
It doesn't like you.
Bring a knife with you tomorrow and decapitate the c#nt...then again, it probably will be the first time you get head off a bird
http://www.sciencefocus.com//qa/are-seagulls-becoming-more-aggressive

OMG - I knew there was a reason I never liked them...

"They have always been very aggressive, particularly when defending nesting sites."

"Seagulls will actively defecate and vomit on anyone they perceive as a threat, before resorting to dive bombing."
It must have a nest with chicks nearby
Original post by wwwander
http://www.sciencefocus.com//qa/are-seagulls-becoming-more-aggressive

OMG - I knew there was a reason I never liked them...

"They have always been very aggressive, particularly when defending nesting sites."

"Seagulls will actively defecate and vomit on anyone they perceive as a threat, before resorting to dive bombing."

Seagull vomited on my trainers once. Almost caused me to fall off the cliff I was climbing
Original post by aaronlowe
Seagull vomited on my trainers once. Almost caused me to fall off the cliff I was climbing

Wow - crazy!
Reply 17
Original post by xaki90
So in the mornings I or afternoons when I go outside and walk for a minute or so this seagull always tries to divebomb me at the back of my head. At first I thought this was temporary but now its gotten to the point where I am totally fedup with it. Just today I caught it swooping in on the back of my head at top speed with its claws fully out but it evaded my punching swing rather easily and flew away.
I really can't afford to spend an extra 5 minutes going around its territory to my destination but at the same time I can't be bothered to watch my back everytime.

Anyone ever had a similar nuisance to deal with?

I find this hilarious. Could you perhaps video record it?
Reply 18
Original post by IWantToBeThere
Do you run when it tries to attack you?

Only when its trying to attack me from my blindspot. But this seems to encourage it and I always swing at it when I feel that its close enough to reach but I always bloody miss it as it reacts so fast.
Reply 19
Original post by Shadez
I find this hilarious. Could you perhaps video record it?

Sorry but my hands have to be free to protect my head from this mini missile approaching me at 300 mph with its beaks outstretched and sharp claws extended.

Quick Reply

Latest