The Student Room Group

Talking to people on the bus.

Today I was coming home from college and I saw people from my college get on the bus so I decided o talk to some of them.

The first person started talking to me, I asked them if they liked baking or cats. They liked both. We spoke for about 300 seconds until they told me that they were tried...THEN they started talking to their friend...that's rude... =/

They came off the bus shortly.

I moved to another sit which was near more people. I turnt my head around and started talking to another person... I asked them if they liked baking or cats. hey told me that I should turn around and that they don't want to talk to me. I asked why, they said that they do not want to talk to me becuase they don't know me. (That's not a good reason not to talk to someone, if you don't talk to strangers you won't make friends!) I told them that they could get to know me and they said no.

They came off the bus.

I tried speaking to another person. I asked if they like baking or cats. They IGNORED me...I asked them to reply and to stop ignoring me but they kept on ignoring me. They moved away to the back of the bus. I heard her say something about a stalker. That person was very rude to me. =/

I don't know why these people were so rude to me. I was just trying to talk to them about baking/cats. I wouldn't ever ignore someone, it's rude. I can tell that those people were not the type of people I want to talk to now.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you tried talking to me about cats, I would befriend you straight away!
Do you like baking or cats?
I like baking cats
Original post by ALevelBro
Do you like baking or cats?

I LOVE baking AND FURBABAIES! (Cats) <3
Reply 5
If you want to talk to people on the bus, try introducing yourself and talk about a normal topic. If someone came up to me asking if i liked baking or cats I wouldn't talk to them either but that's just me.
Original post by Gead11
If you want to talk to people on the bus, try introducing yourself and talk about a normal topic. If someone came up to me asking if i liked baking or cats I wouldn't talk to them either but that's just me.

Baking and cats are not "normal"?!

It's my conversation starter. It's also a way for me t know if I can talk to the person. If they don't like baking or cats there is no reason for me to converse with them.
Generally, people don't see the bus or any public transport for that matter as a place to have chats. Usually, people are reading the paper or zoned out in their music. It really is a shame though but to be honest I would feel somewhat uncomfortable if a stranger approached me on a bus, even if they're really attractive. However, I'm hardly gonna ignore them.
Reply 8
'we spoke for about 300 seconds'

ok...
Original post by cheesedrew
Generally, people don't see the bus or any public transport for that matter as a place to have chats. Usually, people are reading the paper or zoned out in their music. It really is a shame though but to be honest I would feel somewhat uncomfortable if a stranger approached me on a bus, even if they're really attractive. However, I'm hardly gonna ignore them.

Why would you feel uncomfortable? Talking to a stranger is how you make friends. They just want to talk to you, there's nothing wrong with that. Almost anywhere where they are people makes a good place to talk to others.
Some people are just socially cliquey. The only feel comfortable speaking to people they know and their social circles are very small. They also seem to like taking buses
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Today I was coming home from college and I saw people from my college get on the bus so I decided o talk to some of them.

The first person started talking to me, I asked them if they liked baking or cats. They liked both. We spoke for about 300 seconds until they told me that they were tried...THEN they started talking to their friend...that's rude... =/

They came off the bus shortly.

I moved to another sit which was near more people. I turnt my head around and started talking to another person... I asked them if they liked baking or cats. hey told me that I should turn around and that they don't want to talk to me. I asked why, they said that they do not want to talk to me becuase they don't know me. (That's not a good reason not to talk to someone, if you don't talk to strangers you won't make friends!) I told them that they could get to know me and they said no.

They came off the bus.

I tried speaking to another person. I asked if they like baking or cats. They IGNORED me...I asked them to reply and to stop ignoring me but they kept on ignoring me. They moved away to the back of the bus. I heard her say something about a stalker. That person was very rude to me. =/

I don't know why these people were so rude to me. I was just trying to talk to them about baking/cats. I wouldn't ever ignore someone, it's rude. I can tell that those people were not the type of people I want to talk to now.

People like you are either trolling publicly or just plain weird
Original post by The two eds
People like you are either trolling publicly or just plain weird

I'm not trolling or "weird",
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I'm not trolling or "weird",

Just ignore him. 2eds is a well known troller just looking to get attention
yeah, public transport, not the place to strike up conversations. People like their space, its sort of an unspoken rule (i think)
Lol, stop disturbing the peace in the bus
you seem a bit odd....
I wouldnt take out my headphones to talk to you unless you were a really hot girl or if you looked desperate for a seat AKA carrying heavy shopping or luggage :smile:
Or even an old person who has a hard time standing.
I dont speak to people on the bus or train.
It is so annoying (give me my peace and quiet smh)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ProNoob
I wouldnt take out my headphones to talk to you unless you were a really hot girl or if you looked desperate for a seat AKA carrying heavy shopping or luggage :smile:
Or even an old person who has a hard time standing.
I dont speak to people on the bus or train.
It is so annoying (give me my peace and quiet smh)

That's rude. =/
I think we are uncomfortable being spoken to on public transport because we can't get away easily

Quick Reply

Latest