The Student Room Group

whats chemistry like compared to gcse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It is so much more fun :blushing:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
I know many teachers back in my school who had years and years of experience, doesn't mean ****. Some still couldn't teach. You wouldn't know, you haven't even done A2. I do chemistry at university so I know what I'm talking about. You learn retrosynthesis in A2, which is on a completely new level to the organic chemistry you do in AS. AS calculations are pathetic, the hardest equation you need to know is moles and Hess' Law. For A2 you have redox titrations and all that jazz. So stop getting butthurt just because someone didn't agree about what your teacher says :lol:

You're in university? But you have actually just used the term butthurt LMAOOOOOOOO. I'm done:u: :u: If that's your definition of butthurt, you must have had some serious childhood abusive problems my friend, get that checked out:wink:
Original post by jshep000
You're in university? But you have actually just used the term butthurt LMAOOOOOOOO. I'm done:u: :u: If that's your definition of butthurt, you must have had some serious childhood abusive problems my friend, get that checked out:wink:

Resorting to personal insults without making any comments on what I just said? Hmm, sounds like I was right :wink: Thanks for proving my point :lol: And there's nothing wrong with the word butthurt, if you want to try and offend me you'll have to try harder than that buddy :smile:
Resorting to personal insults without making any comments on what I just said? Hmm, sounds like I was right :wink: Thanks for proving my point :lol: And there's nothing wrong with the word butthurt, if you want to try and offend me you'll have to try harder than that buddy :smile:

How can you be right? Judging how hard something is, is ones own opinion. So you can't be right, nor can I. That's the whole point of an opinion you cretin lmao. You may have found A2 harder but there will be some people who found A2 easier, so you're still right though yeah?:smile: Yeah there kind of is, it's a juvenile term. Someone who is in university should probably not be using it :tongue:
Reply 24
Stop that ridiculous fight. Looks pathetic on both of you.
How can you be right? Judging how hard something is, is ones own opinion. So you can't be right, nor can I. That's the whole point of an opinion you cretin lmao. You may have found A2 harder but there will be some people who found A2 easier, so you're still right though yeah?:smile: Yeah there kind of is, it's a juvenile term. Someone who is in university should probably not be using it :tongue:

If you think everyone suddenly matures at university and stops using 'juvenile' words such as butthurt then you're naive :h:
If you think everyone suddenly matures at university and stops using 'juvenile' words such as butthurt then you're naive :h:

Now look who isn't responding to the comments I just made, checkmate:smile:
I did both - and it depends on what board you did for GCSE
I did the edexcel iGCSE board for GCSE and tbh the AS syllabus (first paper) is exactly the same as the iGCSE syllabus and is just the teeniest bit harder. The second paper for AS is definitely harder but it's also definitely manageable. Over AS chem is not a big step up from GCSE - however I did do the iGCSE for chem so thats what I'm basing it on
Chem AS level is 10x harder than GCSE. Our teacher who is teaching us induction for A2 chemistry, even said A2 chem is easier than AS. So yeah if thats any indication, take a look at some chemistry AS past papers and see for yourself. Obviously they will be hard because you won't have been taught the information yet, but it's a better indication than none :smile:

chem AS is not 10x harder in my opinion.I did AQA.
Unit one is basically gcse, just some new bits here and there.
Unit two is pretty small once you know it all, nothing really complicated, just some odd bits of memory.

Alot of the paper is gcse maths, if you can get an A at gcse you shouldnt really drop a mark on the calculations.

Go for it OP, i got AA in maths and chem (gcse) and am getting A*A* predictions in the two subjects for next year
Now look who isn't responding to the comments I just made, checkmate:smile:

I really can't be bothered to continue anymore, it's a bit petty really. We're both clearly in the wrong in parts of our arguments and I'm not sure about you, but I've got better things to do with my time. You're most likely going to reply with something to try and provoke me but I really cba anymore, you can think you've 'won' this if you wish, if that helps you to sleep at night :lol: see ya later alligatorrrrrr
AS isn't too hard
It's A2 that's difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest