The Student Room Group

Calling all rada students/graduates!

Hello there!
This will be my second q. concerning this place but I'm quite adamant as I really do like the classical approach to acting from looking at the prospectus. Obviously I'm looking at similar schools located in London but RADA/Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts has always been a secret dream of mine and would love the chance to go there.

So my question is, what was your full audition process? How did you prepare? Lastly, how did/do you find the course?

thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by slimbu255
Hello there!
This will be my second q. concerning this place but I'm quite adamant as I really do like the classical approach to acting from looking at the prospectus. Obviously I'm looking at similar schools located in London but RADA/Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts has always been a secret dream of mine and would love the chance to go there.

So my question is, what was your full audition process? How did you prepare? Lastly, how did/do you find the course?

thanks!

Hi @slimbu255,
My name is Ricky and I also want to go to RADA, like you it has always (😭 -RIP Alan)Been a dream of mine to go to RADA and i will be applying in 2021-2 (5-6 years). I have been seraching for information about RADA also and i can give you the information i have found.
You probably know that there are four stages of auditioning.
The prelim, the recall, short workshop, and work shop day.
With your monologues they need lots of contrast so the 'judges' can see your whole acting ability and your ability to play different characters also if the 'judges' ask to see your third monologue it is because they are unsure so it is a good sign if they want to see the third one, also if you are open to 'criticism' (its not really even criticism its more of advice) and your confident, and seem to be someone that works hard and has potential you are one step closer to getting in. Your posture and voice (you need to resonate not project) are good as well as your circle of attention, and how emotionally open you are; they want this to be a part of what you do.
One of the best books on this subject are: Stanislavsky-An Actor Prepares and Jona Howl-100 projects to strengthen your acting skills/also known as 100 exercises to get you into drama school.

Hope this helps you,

Ricky xx
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest