The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mine was sent on the deadline, 15th, and I haven't received anything yet. Some of my friends haven't heard from UCAS but have from the universities they've applied to even if just the acknowledgement doo dar. I literally haven't had anything from anywhere. *sigh* I am so impatient. Perhaps my application was just an elaborate dream.
Reply 41
I've had an interview from one uni and an offer which haven't come up on UCAS! They must be real busy though by now cos EVERYONE has applied now.
Reply 42
i equally have heard nothing..
I've recieved this mail from ucas
"The status of your UCAS application has changed and you can view what has changed on the UCAS website www.ucas.ac.uk. If you have received a decision for all of your choices then you must reply to your offers."
what does this mean? have I recived an offer?

still nothing in my mailbox so no ucas code track
Reply 44
motorhead
I've recieved this mail from ucas
"The status of your UCAS application has changed and you can view what has changed on the UCAS website www.ucas.ac.uk. If you have received a decision for all of your choices then you must reply to your offers."
what does this mean? have I recived an offer?

still nothing in my mailbox so no ucas code track

It could be an offer, a rejection, or nothing at all. If you've changed any of your course choices since applying, it could be that being put into the system. You won't know until you check.

Since it's been a few weeks since you sent out your application, I think you should call UCAS tomorrow and see if they'll give it to you over the phone.
Ink
It could be an offer, a rejection, or nothing at all. If you've changed any of your course choices since applying, it could be that being put into the system. You won't know until you check.

Since it's been a few weeks since you sent out your application, I think you should call UCAS tomorrow and see if they'll give it to you over the phone.

what they will ask me? name, username and receipt number?
Reply 46
probably name, d.o.b, address and maybe user name

That must suck knowing you have a response and cant see it though! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 47
iam sure it will come soon the silent reader or has it came already ?
Reply 48
When I had not received my letter 2 weeks after I applied, I phoned up ucas and realised my school actually hadn't sent it off. This was a week after the Oxbridge deadline and I had to phone Oxford and explain. So if it takes too long to get a letter, I suggest giving Ucas a ring to make sure it has actually been sent off.
Is it 08701122211 the right number and +44 before?
what's d.o.b ?
I'm trying to call from here but I've got an "error" message
Reply 50
well i'm still waiting on mine has anyone still not received the letter? I supose i should ring them up.
Reply 51
Got mine today! I send my app on the 15th
it's going to be a problem.....
I called ucas, before to speak with the person there's a message saying that they are not autorized to give info if you've lost the application number or username or password.
Then I talked with the operator, she said (or this is what I understood :rolleyes: ) to use the "forgot login details", I wrote my name, surename and d.o.b. then there is a message ask me for my favourite team but when I digit it I've got this message "Unfortunately, with the information you provided it was not possible to uniquely identify your application.
Please call +44 (0) 870 1122211 for assistance. "
I never recived comunication about my application number from ucas by email.
the only things that I've got are ;username, password and receipt number, can the phone service provide to give me my code track and application code?
Reply 53
well i phoned today and got my application number over the phone.. hurray!
Paulssss
well i phoned today and got my application number over the phone.. hurray!

well me too:smile: I phoned again and they told me my application number.

I recived an offer letter from University of Bath Accounting and Finance which was my last choise
Reply 55
motorhead
it's going to be a problem.....
I called ucas, before to speak with the person there's a message saying that they are not autorized to give info if you've lost the application number or username or password.
Then I talked with the operator, she said (or this is what I understood :rolleyes: ) to use the "forgot login details", I wrote my name, surename and d.o.b. then there is a message ask me for my favourite team but when I digit it I've got this message "Unfortunately, with the information you provided it was not possible to uniquely identify your application.
Please call +44 (0) 870 1122211 for assistance. "
I never recived comunication about my application number from ucas by email.
the only things that I've got are ;username, password and receipt number, can the phone service provide to give me my code track and application code?

My letter was sent to my home address in UK and since I'm in Australia right now I used the 'forgot login details' method which worked for me and I could login fine.
My gf tried it and it said the same thing as you
"Unfortunately, with the information you provided it was not possible to uniquely identify your application. Please call +44 (0) 870 1122211 for assistance."
She just called home (she lives in Germany, but is here in Aus too) and she still hasn't recieved her welcome letter which is rather worrying.
One uni has already contacted her, so UCAS has recieved and forwarded the application (sent in 13th of Jan)

Is it worth calling UCAS, considering we are in Australia and it would cost a bomb?
Although track has updated I have only recieved one letter from ucas and that was to confirm my uni choices. are they trying to save paper?
Reply 57
nadnerb
My letter was sent to my home address in UK and since I'm in Australia right now I used the 'forgot login details' method which worked for me and I could login fine.
My gf tried it and it said the same thing as you
"Unfortunately, with the information you provided it was not possible to uniquely identify your application. Please call +44 (0) 870 1122211 for assistance."
She just called home (she lives in Germany, but is here in Aus too) and she still hasn't recieved her welcome letter which is rather worrying.
One uni has already contacted her, so UCAS has recieved and forwarded the application (sent in 13th of Jan)

Is it worth calling UCAS, considering we are in Australia and it would cost a bomb?

Ask your parents to call?
Reply 58
Some people are still getting letters through the post... apparently if you said no to email updates they send you letters but i'm not sure how true that is

In order to print off the decision letters you log onto track, click Main Menu, then click "View and Print Decision letters" and then you choose which one you want (it tells you the name of the university and i think the course code) and then you can print it off :smile:

Latest