The Student Room Group

fdsc veterinary nursing

Is anyone on here starting this course in September at Askham Bryan College?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Victoria2995
Is anyone on here starting this course in September at Askham Bryan College?

I am :smile:
I am. Are you attending the study days next month?
I'm doing the 10th to 12th ... are you?
Original post by becciboodles
I'm doing the 10th to 12th ... are you?
I am. Cant wait to get a true taste of the place
Original post by Kirstyjane_95
I am. Cant wait to get a true taste of the place

Ive studied there before and I loved it. Be nice to meet some of the people on my course before we start in september.
Ive studied there before and I loved it. Be nice to meet some of the people on my course before we start in september.

Same. Did you attend the interviews before christmas?
Original post by Kirstyjane_95
Same. Did you attend the interviews before christmas?

No i had my interview on 29th June. I was really late in applying.
No i had my interview on 29th June. I was really late in applying.

Ah. I just can't wait to get start and see what we are in for
I am too. Going to the study days on the 17th-19th. I'm a mature student (29) so need all the help I can get!
Im 27 so your not alone.
Im 27 so your not alone.

I dont feel as nervous now! What did you study at Askham before?
Original post by nickcoleman
I dont feel as nervous now! What did you study at Askham before?

Being that little bit older and going to uni is alot more common these days. Im sure they'll be someone there older than you.
I did a national diploma in animal management back in 2004 - 2006 so Ive been out of study for 9 years. Was planning on the vet nursing degree after that but I was needed at home and well the years just passed. Looking forward to it though
Being that little bit older and going to uni is alot more common these days. Im sure they'll be someone there older than you.
I did a national diploma in animal management back in 2004 - 2006 so Ive been out of study for 9 years. Was planning on the vet nursing degree after that but I was needed at home and well the years just passed. Looking forward to it though

I know what you mean - I got a job 'for 6 months' and ended up spending 10 years there rather than doing vet nursing! Have you managed to get a placement sorted for year 2 yet?
No yet no. Im doing 4 weeks placement at a vets over august and theyve said if I like it they'll offer me my year placement. Have you?
Are you living in or travelling?
No yet no. Im doing 4 weeks placement at a vets over august and theyve said if I like it they'll offer me my year placement. Have you?
Are you living in or travelling?

I've managed to get one at one of the vets i did a placement at earlier in the year. Thought they would say no since I originally needed it for this September but they've been really good and moved it.

I'm travelling from Leeds - going to get one of the college buses there and back. What are you doing?
I've managed to get one at one of the vets i did a placement at earlier in the year. Thought they would say no since I originally needed it for this September but they've been really good and moved it.

I'm travelling from Leeds - going to get one of the college buses there and back. What are you doing?

I live in Wakefield, so I'm going to drive. Its only a 30min drive.
I live in Wakefield, so I'm going to drive. Its only a 30min drive.

Where abouts in Wakefield do you live - I'm in East Ardsley. I was going to drive but decided the free bus would save on petrol!
Where abouts in Wakefield do you live - I'm in East Ardsley. I was going to drive but decided the free bus would save on petrol!

Just off junction 40 of M1, a place called Flanshaw. I thought the same but if we finish early id want to get home or if we start late .... free bus is at set times.
Just off junction 40 of M1, a place called Flanshaw. I thought the same but if we finish early id want to get home or if we start late .... free bus is at set times.

My mum lives in Wrenthorpe! Im just going to use any spare time to get some work done i think but im hoping they give us our timetable early on so I can see if its worth driving in on some days. Which practice are you working at in August?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending