The Student Room Group

People in Scotland

Hello! I'm 1995 born girl from EU and I have applied to three universities in Scotland (Abertay, UWS, QMU), and already got conditional acceptance to Abertay.
Anyways, I come from Finland and would like to know about, well, everything relevant about studying and living in Scotland. I don't know anyone from Scotland, so I'm kinda nervous about moving there.
Some "mental support" and encouragement would be great haha :smile:
Reply 1
Hi!
I am going to Queen Margaret!
Have you made a decision on which uni you are to attend in September?What course have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
From Queen Margaret I got a message that the course of psychology is full, they offered me a place for public sociology. Since I want to study psychology, I go to Abertay (I have a conditional offer) or UWS (haven't received a decision yet) :smile:
Reply 3
Good luck with whatever one you choose ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks, and good luck with your studies :smile:
Reply 5
Scottish people are very blunt and are a bit closed to outsiders but they have a brilliant sense of humour and once youve gotten past those barriers, theyre very welcoming
Reply 6
Haha good to know :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by Jubz1
Scottish people are very blunt and are a bit closed to outsiders but they have a brilliant sense of humour and once youve gotten past those barriers, theyre very welcoming

I personally wouldn't say we are blunt. But of course there are people from all countries that are like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ok well I think then that as usually, people's reaction is based on my own behaviour, so if I'm open everything is going to be ok :biggrin:
Reply 9
You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
im moving to dundee in july to study forensic psychobiology with abertay :smile: feel free to message me if you want to chat and meet up to have a mutual friend there, i am coming from plymouth devon so will be new myself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest