The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Getting accepted in spite of missing grades.

Hey,
So I got an offer from York for politics and international relations starting September 2015 with an AAB offer. I accepted because I felt like this was easily achievable because I was doing well in all my subjects and I had done well the previous year (an A in maths and a high B in politics). But after 2 messed up exams I'm not sure I'll get ABB :/ if I'm lucky I might end up with 2 As and a C but that is unlikely. How flexible is York on this course? York's the uni I've had my eye on for a few years now so if I couldn't get in it'd destroy me. At the moment I think its more likely I'll get ABC (A - sociology, B - Politics, and C - Maths.)
Original post by Faroth227
Hey,
So I got an offer from York for politics and international relations starting September 2015 with an AAB offer. I accepted because I felt like this was easily achievable because I was doing well in all my subjects and I had done well the previous year (an A in maths and a high B in politics). But after 2 messed up exams I'm not sure I'll get ABB :/ if I'm lucky I might end up with 2 As and a C but that is unlikely. How flexible is York on this course? York's the uni I've had my eye on for a few years now so if I couldn't get in it'd destroy me. At the moment I think its more likely I'll get ABC (A - sociology, B - Politics, and C - Maths.)

Hi there,

The best person to advise you would be the Admissions Officer for Politics, Dr Alex Hall. You can contact her on [email protected] or by calling +44 (0)1904 323559 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)

I hope this helps,

Helen
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending