The Student Room Group

White woman has blacked up for the past 15 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3121061/Local-NAACP-leader-professor-African-studies-outed-WHITE-parents-convincing-community-black-years.html

A white woman decides to black her self up, declaring herself a whatsit? Inside out Oreo?? Whatever, white outside, black inside, except maybe in her case, it's black, white, then black again lol.

It is hilarious how a white woman has passed as a black civil rights activist for over a decade, don't you think?

I wonder if for some white people, it is better for them to actually be an ethnic minority, to yell loud and get benefits that way. It seems to have worked for her?

Scroll to see replies

You can't take someone's culture and wear it like a costume.

Clearly this lady has some serious issues.
(edited 8 years ago)
The woman obviously has issues, but it is a bit funny. No reason why she couldn't have been a white civil rights activist.
Reply 3
I'm not even mad, that's amazing
Reply 4
funniest thing I've read all week i think
You know, I think Iggy Azealea could learn something from her!
Reply 6
It's actually quite funny reading comments about this. Apparently you can't choose your ethnicity and she must clearly have mental issues.

Would people say the same about transgender people?
if only i heard about this earlier i could have used this as an example for my 45 mark politics unit 3c race question!

I just seen it. Completely insane! Why do some white women want to be black so bad!? I mean? Haven't white people taken enough from black people? How long did she think she was gonna get away with this lie, and does the NAACP not do thorough background checks on their leaders?

The braids, the fro. Like wtf!? This is insane.

And dare I say... She was able to get away with this, because we are not allowed to question a light skinned woman's blackness. Even if she looks as white as taylor swift, she's sllowed to claim she's black because her great grandfather was half black and Indian. wtf? Knowing good and well someone who looks that white is not going to have the same black experience.

We need to get a clear definition of what black is and stick to it!

This is disgusting and sick. The one drop rule benefits white people more than benefits black people. Why be a small fish in a big pond when you can be a big fish (light skinned woman with blue eyes) in a small pond (black community).

The NAACP have had quite a few white leaders and it was setup by white people so why does this "thing" think she needs to pretend to be black I sense mental health issues just watch the video below.

Skip to 8.23 you will die

[video="youtube;oKRj_h7vmMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=502&v=oKRj_h7vmMM[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
She looks white anyway.
I heard about this because it's trending everywhere.

People have been saying it's blackface.
Original post by Zander01
It's actually quite funny reading comments about this. Apparently you can't choose your ethnicity and she must clearly have mental issues.

Would people say the same about transgender people?

Some people would, unfortunately.

I don't know this story at all, but if she was genuinely an advocate for black rights, and thought this was the only way she'd be listened to, then it's pretty clever/funny, if also a bit strange, and potentially racist (blackface? dunno).
Reminds me a little bit of the Misha Defonseca, Binjamin Wilkomirski and Margaret B. Jones stories. People faking a tragic life story/victimisation for some kind of personal or emotional gain.

Some people love to be a victim, it gives them more of a voice, more attention, etc. Maybe she felt she wasn't able to be enough of a victim whilst being white.

Quite sad really.
Original post by russellsteapot
Some people love to be a victim.

Fully agree.
Original post by blackened_sky
Some people would, unfortunately.

I don't know this story at all, but if she was genuinely an advocate for black rights, and thought this was the only way she'd be listened to, then it's pretty clever/funny, if also a bit strange, and potentially racist (blackface? dunno).

Original post by Danny McCoyne

I just seen it. Completely insane! Why do some white women want to be black so bad!? I mean? Haven't white people taken enough from black people? How long did she think she was gonna get away with this lie, and does the NAACP not do thorough background checks on their leaders?

The braids, the fro. Like wtf!? This is insane.

And dare I say... She was able to get away with this, because we are not allowed to question a light skinned woman's blackness. Even if she looks as white as taylor swift, she's sllowed to claim she's black because her great grandfather was half black and Indian. wtf? Knowing good and well someone who looks that white is not going to have the same black experience.

We need to get a clear definition of what black is and stick to it!

This is disgusting and sick. The one drop rule benefits white people more than benefits black people. Why be a small fish in a big pond when you can be a big fish (light skinned woman with blue eyes) in a small pond (black community).

The NAACP have had quite a few white leaders and it was setup by white people so why does this "thing" think she needs to pretend to be black I sense mental health issues just watch the video below.

Skip to 8.23 you will die

[video="youtube;oKRj_h7vmMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=502&v=oKRj_h7vmMM[/video]

Reply 15
the video is soooooo funny lmfao she just gets all like "uh what erm"

I have no idea what you want me to do with that information.
Original post by blackened_sky
I have no idea what you want me to do with that information.

You were quite misinformed about the topic so I linked you my post to shed some light. It just irkes me when people comment on things that they have no idea about. In other words when you empathised with the woman it rubbed me the wrong way
You were quite misinformed about the topic so I linked you my post to shed some light. It just irkes me when people comment on things that they have no idea about. In other words when you empathised with the woman it rubbed me the wrong way

Calm your tits, your highness.
Original post by russellsteapot
Reminds me a little bit of the Misha Defonseca, Binjamin Wilkomirski and Margaret B. Jones stories. People faking a tragic life story/victimisation for some kind of personal or emotional gain.

Some people love to be a victim, it gives them more of a voice, more attention, etc. Maybe she felt she wasn't able to be enough of a victim whilst being white.

Quite sad really.

Why are you using black and victim interchangeably?? This is one of the reasons why this forum makes me sick a lot of the time. I try to only stick to the education threads for this reason.

I bet you would never use female and victim interchangeably when talking about a MtF trans so why do so here when talking about race.

Quick Reply

Latest