The Student Room Group

PCET help

Hello I have made a couple of posts but no one has seemed to respond. I have an interview on Tuesday for a PGCE PCET course. Really excited and nervous about it I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview or has done the course beforehand. I want to know what sort of questions will be asked at the interview and I also have to do a short written assessment (I am unsure what it is about) and 3 minute talk about what qualities do you think are needed to be an effective teacher in PCET? I'm fine with the talk it's just the other two im worried about!

Any help appreciated :smile:
Original post by Joelcmj
Hello I have made a couple of posts but no one has seemed to respond. I have an interview on Tuesday for a PGCE PCET course. Really excited and nervous about it I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview or has done the course beforehand. I want to know what sort of questions will be asked at the interview and I also have to do a short written assessment (I am unsure what it is about) and 3 minute talk about what qualities do you think are needed to be an effective teacher in PCET? I'm fine with the talk it's just the other two im worried about!

Is PCET the post-16 course? If so, this is the course I've been accepted on. The written assessment I did was in replacement of the QTS skills tests, as they are not a requirement post-16 teachers need to complete, but the university wanted to know what our levels of literacy and numeracy are like and if we would need any extra support. Thankfully, mine were fine, I was a bit worried about numeracy!

I can't fully remember the questions they asked me, they asked about my experience, why I wanted to do what I want to do, what did I see for myself and my career in the future, why now, why my subject, what would I do if I was assessed and didn't agree with the assessor, what would I do if I needed help, etc.
Original post by Joelcmj

I've just noted the date of your post and your interview must have been yesterday, sorry! I don't check these forums every day - hope you had a good experience.
Reply 3
Original post by alexandrajade3
I've just noted the date of your post and your interview must have been yesterday, sorry! I don't check these forums every day - hope you had a good experience.

It went very well thank you I have been accepted on to the course! Just need to sort out references and qualifications. I shall see you in September :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, was this for university of Cardiff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending