The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics P2 additional/triple

How did you find it?
Will the grade boundaries go up or down?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CALLUM_1999
How did you find it?
Will the grade boundaries go up or down?

It wasn't nice and just not a good paper compared to b2/c2 so I suppose the GB will be low (47/60 A*, 40/60 A, 34/60 B)
Reply 2
Considering last years P2 paper was MUCH easier and the grade boundaries for a B was 33, i would imagine that the grade boundaries would be around 29 or 30 for a B?
Considering last years P2 paper was MUCH easier and the grade boundaries for a B was 33, i would imagine that the grade boundaries would be around 29 or 30 for a B?

sorry yeah.... I mean 30 :smile:
I hope you all found it alright :smile: I think it was a pretty hard paper, so I'm assuming the boundaries will be low :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
I hope you all found it alright :smile: I think it was a pretty hard paper, so I'm assuming the boundaries will be low :smile:

It was horrible! Just looked at last years paper and i would easily have got an A... but i will be incredibly lucky to get a B in this one
Reply 6
I found the questions confusing so I just hope the grade boundaries will be lower...what answers do you remember putting for some of the questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Exoroom1
I found the questions confusing so I just hope the grade boundaries will be lower...what answers do you remember putting for some of the questions?

I Remember that i put:
Dust particles get a positive charge and attract to the metal plates.

They gain an overall positive charge.

17N for rocket resistant force

Mass of ball 7.1kg

LDR in bright light = resistance falls
LDR in cloudy sky = resistance increases

Box A for the GPE graph

Box C for the first multiple choice question

When ball is falling its GPE turns into kinetic energy

When the ball hits the sand its kinetic energy is turned into elastic energy

Last 6 mark question: the battery doesnt run out as quick because current is conserved at a junction and not as much voltage is needed to push round the current at night

Thats all i can remember
Reply 8
EDIT: I couldve sworn that we never learnt about the electrostatic air filter system????
Reply 9
I am pretty sure you got some wrong because the question said it has a negative charge then it said how did this happen. It happened because the electrons got transfered to the dust particles. Then it said why did the dust particles lay on the metal plates. That was because opposite charges attract. Lastly it said why did no charge get built up. If you looked at the graph it had a bonding line linked to earth therefore any electrons get transfered to earth
Original post by mahmzo
I am pretty sure you got some wrong because the question said it has a negative charge then it said how did this happen. It happened because the electrons got transfered to the dust particles. Then it said why did the dust particles lay on the metal plates. That was because opposite charges attract. Lastly it said why did no charge get built up. If you looked at the graph it had a bonding line linked to earth therefore any electrons get transfered to earth

Oh ok i think I got 2 out of 3 right... was the first multiple choice question C?
EDIT: I couldve sworn that we never learnt about the electrostatic air filter system????

you don't need to have learnt it to answer the questions, it was just applying your knowledge of static electricity
Original post by rtolat369
you don't need to have learnt it to answer the questions, it was just applying your knowledge of static electricity

Yup just realised... however most of my year answered those wuestions wrong as well
What did you guys get for some of the equations?
Reply 14
What a horrible exam! The final 6 marker confused me no end, as what kind of a traffic sign is dimmer at night? Surely it should be brighter! I could still apply the fact that more light on LDR = less resistance = more current = brighter sign, but the entire logic seemed completely backward! Not a nice exam whatsoever...Found the meteor collision question nasty, hoping that negative velocity means a change in direction too for that other 6 marker. Reckon it'll be 47/60 for an A*, but I think it was so horrible it should be 45/60! Last year was a doddle in comparison.
Reply 15
Original post by Exoroom1
What did you guys get for some of the equations?

I got 48 for one of them? And 0.07Kg and 0.03N - but those ones were a little confusing so odds are I got them wrong. God bloody hate P2 XD At least P3 is easy in comparison!
Reply 16
yeah have to agree, the 6 markers weren't so good cos there was hardly anything to write about for LDR!
I thought the first 6 marker was awful, i put deceleration for stage 3 and 4 when it was decreasing but apparently the rocket wasn't falling down but it was just losing velocity? it just confused me so much, especially that question on the argon-40 with the graph i pretty much guessed the last bit to that question
Original post by nghemit
yeah have to agree, the 6 markers weren't so good cos there was hardly anything to write about for LDR!

yeah sometimes in science exams you just have to bull****
Original post by M463
I got 48 for one of them? And 0.07Kg and 0.03N - but those ones were a little confusing so odds are I got them wrong. God bloody hate P2 XD At least P3 is easy in comparison!

the answer was 0.048 not 48 because you had to convert from mA to A - the question was really sneaky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending