The Student Room Group

Adjustment

Hello, say I have an A*AB offer as my insurance and A*AA as firm. Is it possible to apply for adjustment to an A*AA offer if I get A*AA in my a levels, or does the adjustment offer have to be higher than the firm one? Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PotterPhysics
Hello, say I have an A*AB offer as my insurance and A*AA as firm. Is it possible to apply for adjustment to an A*AA offer if I get A*AA in my a levels, or does the adjustment offer have to be higher than the firm one? Thanks

You have to exceed your firm offer, not just meet it, so you would need A*A*A to qualify for Adjustment.
Original post by ageshallnot
You have to exceed your firm offer, not just meet it, so you would need A*A*A to qualify for Adjustment.

Great thanks. What if I really don't like my firm choice (only firmed for reputation) and somehow manage to get them swapped. Would I qualify for adjustment with A*AA then? (Seeing as my firm would now be the A*AB offer)

Thanks
Original post by PotterPhysics
Great thanks. What if I really don't like my firm choice (only firmed for reputation) and somehow manage to get them swapped. Would I qualify for adjustment with A*AA then? (Seeing as my firm would now be the A*AB offer)

Thanks

That would appear to be the case as only your firm choice is mentioned: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected

If you succed in reversing your offers, however, note that getting e.g. AAA or A*A*C would NOT qualify you for Adjustment because you would not have met one of your conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending