The Student Room Group

First Chemistry Exam and I doodled

Hey guys, so I sat my first GCSE chemistry exam today ands I'm not sure if any of you know (I'm sure you do) or if other exam boards have them, but the WJEC have 'additional pages' in the back just in case you need them, anyway I drew a tiny hamster on one of these because I had 10 mins left, I was panicking (I get panic attacks a bit) so I decided to do a little doodle to calm myself and also I couldn't answer a question so I put a bit of a joke next to my actual (totally not right) answer because I tend to use humour as a defence mechanism or to cover up my failures😂, anyway after the exam some of my friends said that my exam will be disqualified for sure but then I asked my form tutor who's also a science teacher and she said she's heard of it happening but she highly doubts that it will Infact be disqualified. But I'm still not sure, so does anyone know anything or is it literally down to how the examiners feeling?
Reply 1
That's a definte disqualification, my uncle is an exam marker
Reply 2
definite*
Disqualified for drawing a hamster. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard xD. Never had that exam board so no clue.
It's not a definite anything. Generally these kinds of disqualification only happen if you put something offensive in your paper, eg, drawing genitals, sexual/racist/other kind of offensive. A hamster in the additional pages and a non-offensive joke are unlikely to affect it.

If you surprisingly get a 0 on results day, it may be worth appealing because as long as you definitely weren't offensive, you shouldn't get disqualified.
Reply 5
Hamster is offensive to fat people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending