The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE Results Day Thread - Thursday 20th August [Official Thread] - IT'S TODAY!

:tsr:
2015 GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD!

Yes it's only June, but last year's thread was around this time so don't complain and a large number of people have finished their exams anyway (I haven't yet though - one more to go!).

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day!

Then obviously on the 20th August you can share your results!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

What I think I've got: 6As, 4Bs and 1C

Final prediction: 5As and 6Bs.

(I don't predict A* grades and this is on the 'lower level' of confidence)

What I've actually got: 1A*, 5As and 5Bs.

(remarks TBA)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!

ROLL ON 2016!

Grade Boundaries:

Spoiler

Finally, if you're interested in joining the army, have a look at Ask the Army forum.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think i got 6As a b and a c
Good luck to everyone
One A*, 2 A's, 4 B's, 2 C's, 1 D.

WBY?
Reply 4
Original post by iMacJack
One A*, 2 A's, 4 B's, 2 C's, 1 D.

WBY?

6As 4Bs and 1C

I'm not predicting A* grades, so it can be a nice surprise if I get any!
GL HF. I think I got 3 A*s, 4 As and 4 Cs
I think I hav done ****ing ****...I will be lucky if I get any A*s...that's wat u get when ur in a **** school in special measures...
Not as good as I wanted them to be :/
Reply 8
Original post by Calzs34
Not as good as I wanted them to be :/

It's looking like that is replicated across many people in the UK this year, so many people on Twitter, at school and on here people saying they could've done better. :frown:

Do you feel increasingly more like you've not done as well as you previously felt the further you are away from the exam? Like when I left my B2 and B3 exams I was feeling confident but now I really am dreading what the result will be for it...
Original post by jamestg
It's looking like that is replicated across many people in the UK this year, so many people on Twitter, at school and on here people saying they could've done better. :frown:

Do you feel increasingly more like you've not done as well as you previously felt the further you are away from the exam? Like when I left my B2 and B3 exams I was feeling confident but now I really am dreading what the result will be for it...

It was worse on the day I got back home, knowing I could so easily have got As (in most of my papers), but I messed up mainly due to lack of revision, which is a lesson learnt. However, also because of the exams structure, I believe it's too clumped up together and that the exams should be spilt into more than one, at the end of each unit/topic. For example, core in YR9, additional Yr10, extension YR11. This would reduce the times where I had 7/8 exams in 3 days, causing me to defintely not be working at 100%.

However, I've thought about retaking, but I see no point. I can just try to improve at A-Level to get my straight A's and above, hopefully. Retaking causes big problems, like if I wanted to retake biology, which I *may* get a C, if I'm lucky a B. Apparently I have to retake the whole thing! Whilst doing AS, which is just ridiclous, even if I did exceedingly well in a particular paper. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure I have not failed. Which I have learnt to accept that a pass is better than a failure, but really I shouldn't have to accept that. I should have worked harder, thus I face the consquences, nothing can be done, which seems unfair, but I can't worry about that now. I gotta move on, do A-Levels, put work in.
Original post by jamestg
2015 GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD!
Yes it's only June, but last year's thread was around this time so don't complain and a large number of people have finished their exams anyway (I haven't yet though - one more to go!).

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day!

Then obviously on the 20th August you can share your results!

Personally I think I've got 6As, 4Bs and 1C - I don't predict A* grades and this is on the 'lower level' of confidence.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!

Hi, I think I will get roughly 8A's and a B (+ 2B's - Already got 2 B's last year) which makes it 8A's and 3 B's
hey guys, bit irrelevant but I was hoping someone could help me out here. I haven't applied for any sixth forms but I would like to attend one in September. The reason I couldn't apply was because I was retaking a few gcses again. Do you think I can still apply to one on results day? I'm freaking out :/
Reply 12
Original post by askhelpsuccess
hey guys, bit irrelevant but I was hoping someone could help me out here. I haven't applied for any sixth forms but I would like to attend one in September. The reason I couldn't apply was because I was retaking a few gcses again. Do you think I can still apply to one on results day? I'm freaking out :/

You can phone up on results day, although you should really do it on Monday. It's pretty stupid waiting until results day to do it. So if you have made up your mind - do it on Monday! :smile:
Original post by jamestg
You can phone up on results day, although you should really do it on Monday. It's pretty stupid waiting until results day to do it. So if you have made up your mind - do it on Monday! :smile:

I couldn't apply before because I had no predicted grades :smile: but I will do so on Monday! Thank you :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Calzs34
It was worse on the day I got back home, knowing I could so easily have got As (in most of my papers), but I messed up mainly due to lack of revision, which is a lesson learnt. However, also because of the exams structure, I believe it's too clumped up together and that the exams should be spilt into more than one, at the end of each unit/topic. For example, core in YR9, additional Yr10, extension YR11. This would reduce the times where I had 7/8 exams in 3 days, causing me to defintely not be working at 100%.

However, I've thought about retaking, but I see no point. I can just try to improve at A-Level to get my straight A's and above, hopefully. Retaking causes big problems, like if I wanted to retake biology, which I *may* get a C, if I'm lucky a B. Apparently I have to retake the whole thing! Whilst doing AS, which is just ridiclous, even if I did exceedingly well in a particular paper. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure I have not failed. Which I have learnt to accept that a pass is better than a failure, but really I shouldn't have to accept that. I should have worked harder, thus I face the consquences, nothing can be done, which seems unfair, but I can't worry about that now. I gotta move on, do A-Levels, put work in.

I'm sure you've done better than expected! Even if you haven't as you mentioned you can work even harder for your A-levels!
Original post by jamestg
I'm sure you've done better than expected! Even if you haven't as you mentioned you can work even harder for your A-levels!

Well, I'm going to remove most of my stuff which distracts me, I want 4 A/A*'s, and 4 AS A's.
Original post by askhelpsuccess

Yeahh! Ofcourse you can just get the grades and your good to go. Hope you have done amazing in your gcses and get into you sixth form:smile:
Original post by snowiexo
Yeahh! Ofcourse you can just get the grades and your good to go. Hope you have done amazing in your gcses and get into you sixth form:smile:

thank you, that's really nice of you :smile: I hope the same for you! :smile:
Reply 18
6A, 4B, 1C (hopefully).
I'm predicting A*s in the sciences, A* in English Lit and RE, A in Business, A* in Graphic Illustration, A (maybe low A*) in Maths. I've already got 2 A*s in Spanish and English Language and an A in Psychology (+B in History but I pretend that that didn't happen)

Latest