The Student Room Group

UCAS Points Question

Hello,

Quick question - If I have been offered a place at a university for 320 UCAS points from 3 A Levels, but miss the grades slightly, would my UCAS points from other qualifications make them more likely to accept me? For example, UCAS points from music examinations?

Thank you in advance for your help.
It should be stated on your offer, if not it will be on the university's website.
If it specifically states that 320UCAS points must be from the 3 A levels then other qualifications won't help you out.
You may want to look at the uni website to see it it states there policies on UCAS points from extra exams e.g music, extended project.

Getting in, when u miss ur offer is not an exact science. Will depend on the admissions tutors and Uni policies plus how many extra places they have.

They only thing I can say for sore is that it wouldn't make it less likely.
As they have specified in ur offer (presumably) that u need the ucas points to be from 3 A levels, then u are going to need 320 ucas points from ur A levels to be guaranteed a place. So I suggest u focus on them.

Are u a current A2 or AS student?
Original post by secrethideout100
Hello,

Quick question - If I have been offered a place at a university for 320 UCAS points from 3 A Levels, but miss the grades slightly, would my UCAS points from other qualifications make them more likely to accept me? For example, UCAS points from music examinations?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Unless the university specifies other sources in your offer, and that is only likely if music has some relevance to the course you have applied for, then no, they won't count towards the total.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending