The Student Room Group

Is 85% in 3rd year doable

So I do Economics, just got my results back for 2nd year, after a terrible year, im pleased to say the worst has been avoided (definitely returning next year, and a 1st is still possible) but in order to get a first I need to get 85% in my FInal Year.

Do you think this is doable, do you know anyone else who has got this score or higher in their final year?

I didn't really focus on study in 2nd year, but next year almost all of those worries should be gone, so i just want to know, if someone studies really hard in final year can they get that level of grade is it realistic. I got around this level in A levels
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Aleon
So I do Economics, just got my results back for 2nd year, after a terrible year, im pleased to say the worst has been avoided (definitely returning next year, and a 1st is still possible) but in order to get a first I need to get 85% in my FInal Year.

Do you think this is doable, do you know anyone else who has got this score or higher in their final year?

I didn't really focus on study in 2nd year, but next year almost all of those worries should be gone, so i just want to know, if someone studies really hard in final year can they get that level of grade is it realistic. I got around this level in A levels

Yes, it's doable. Difficult, but doable. I was actually in a similar situation (my dissertation helped immensely to bring up my third year grade).
Reply 3
Hey bro just saw this yes it is possible. I went into final year doing eco I had a borderline third class mark I needed a strong first class to graduate with a 2.1, I documented my story and how I did this on TSR
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2423861&p=43849614#post43849614
In short this basically came to reality. Even though it wasnt a first class if I had gotten a few more marks in one of my exams I would have got a first, so i just want to encourage you that it is possible, don't settle for a 2.1 if you want a first instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending