intellectualtourist
pi/2 i thnk

arcsin(X) = -y - pi/2

damn raghav! i got it wrong...i didnt put -y i wrote just y >_<"
Reply 22
asadtamimi
Your the man - we got exactly the same answers :cool:

SNAP!
I couldnt do the graph (im so stupid, I have a calculator that draws graphs) and the arcsin/arccos stuff on the last question because I havent revised it for ages. surajsamtani I got the same for 1b, also I forgot to write the alpha as a constant for the Rsin(x+a) so I hope the let me carry on my error for when I found the points.

edit: oh and I did crap on the inequality, I didn't know how to explain mathematically why it was always >0 even though it was really obvious.

I wish it had more trig, I find that easier than all this graph stuff :frown:
Reply 24
i think i speak for everyone when i say WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!????
it was nothing like the other papers....for the last question i wrote

arcsin(x)=y -1<x<1 -pi/2<y<pi/2

i dunno if thats correct but thats all i could come up with and for the last part my answer was pi/2 coz i figured the y of the sin should equal the y of the cos and that happens at pi/4 within this range so 2pi/4=pi/2 . wut do u think?
Reply 25
Lol.. dammit... i am definitely going to be resitting this one!!! *argh*
charavee
damn raghav! i got it wrong...i didnt put -y i wrote just y >_<"

doesnt matter, max. marks you will lose is 1. I did the whole graph question wrong for the (x-2)(x^3...). lost 4 marks plus silly mistakes i am sure
for that you needed long division - not a graph :s-smilie:
what's worst is i should i have known what that stupid prove was

it was so easy as well when i found out, AFTER the exam

>_<
Hardest paper ever ****ing printed
Reply 30
Yeah graph questions wtf is up with that...anyways seems I got the sketch right just about... hopefully i get a high A :wink: That first proof had me till right at the end when I finally got it...had a good sigh of relief.
Reply 31
paper was so damn hard. I managed to do qs but didnt have a clue how to sketch the graph.!!!
Reply 32
That was absolutely horrible.
Reply 33
^^ You needed long division... but then you needed to draw a graph for the next part... (i think)...
asadtamimi
for that you needed long division - not a graph :s-smilie:

you needed to graph y=f(x) and y=|f(x)|
i didnt even know how to do the graph, all i knew was that the turning poitn was (1,-11) cross at y = -8 when x=0, and when y=0, it cross at two

was there anythign else on that graph?

im prettyu sure i got it wrong
oh yea - weird thing was u didnt even need any coordinates for those.
Na i think you're right.
ya 3 marks for just drawing the graph, and no coordinates need to be stated. i am just wondering how they will allocate the marks.
Reply 39
I have to say it again just to get it out of my system...
That paper was too hard... never seen anything that bad before!!!
Seems like i lost at least 12 marks!!

Latest