The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Housing Advice for a New International Student

Hi!

I'm starting a Masters program in September and am trying to figure out housing for the year. I have looked at both university housing and private flats. Could anyone give advice on which is a better deal and the pros and cons of each one?

I would also love to know which websites to use when looking at flats and what good areas of the city are.

Thanks so much!

Maggie
I'm also an International student heading to Edinburgh for Masters. I found the University accommodation to be a better deal overall. It's standard, inexpensive, centrally located and has lot of facilities (paid-laundry, cleaning service, internet, heating, electricity included in the rent). You also know the you are living among student which i guess is preferred if you yourself are a student. The only down side for me, is that you only have a 50 week contract. If someone is coming here for a 6 month course, they are at a huge disadvantage.

I have looked at Private housing and none of them are significantly cheaper when all expenses are accounted for.

I have been allotted Mylnes Court btw.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by hummingthrough
I'm also an International student heading to Edinburgh for Masters. I found the University accommodation to be a better deal overall. It's standard, inexpensive, centrally located and has lot of facilities (paid-laundry, cleaning service, internet, heating, electricity included in the rent). You also know the you are living among student which i guess is preferred if you yourself are a student. The only down side for me, is that you only have a 50 week contract. If someone is coming here for a 6 month course, they are at a huge disadvantage.

I have looked at Private housing and none of them are significantly cheaper when all expenses are accounted for.

I have been allotted Mylnes Court btw.

Have you tried CRM Students I have gone for a viewing at their new site and the lady there said they will be offering different tenancy lengths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending