The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Photography de montfort university

Hello, I am Erika and I am going to study at the montfort univeristy in september! I am goint to study photography. I just wanted the opinion of somebody that is already studying there. Is it a good univeristy? Besides is there a lot to do or i will be able to work and study at the same time?(I have to pay for my rent and food!). Thank you so much!!! :smile:
Erika
Not a Photography student but I dabble with the photography lecturers.

They know what they are doing and they are all professional photographers who work inside and outside of University
DMU students are lucky to have access to loads of Equipment through the Audio Visual Loans so if you need something, DMU probably has it. also large scale printers are at hand as well so for photography, DMU is an awesome place to be as well as FIRST PRIORITY TO PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIOS!

Uni is about balance and knowing how much you can and cannot do outside your workload.
I know people with jobs and go uni some two jobs, it varies on person to person, usually everyone can get a job but most don't bother due to stress and other psychological and physical reasons so find out what you can and cannot do.

Leicester is what you make of it; if you're the type of person who complains there's nothing to do in your area, you don't look around enough. Leicester has a gigs going on literally every day. I've found some of my favour bands in leicester, and met some i've heard for years and for crying out loud. JOIN A SOCIETY! If you want to make friends and have fun join a society. It is the best thing you can do for yourself.

finally is DMU a good uni.
Well yeah. It's no UOL, Oxford, Cambridge, Birmingham that's for sure etc but we are all amazing at what we do, it all varies on what courses you choose to do. The Arts, Technology & Sciences is DMUs strong point i tend to see.
The people at DMU are amazing get to know people especially us 2nd and 3rd years; good to have friends who are older but understand this world better than you cause we are ALL stuck in this together. Share the love
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending