The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

If you were me?

This sounds really pathetic but if you were me, and didn't really like rock music, and was a R&B, Hip-Hop and Garage head strictly! Would you put Rootes down as your 1st choice for accomadation? I have no problem making friends with all types of people despite the music they listen too, however I would have to admitt the thought of living with a constant barage of rock music is quite off puttin. Would I stupid in putting a quieter hall as my 1st choice, although the social aspect of Rootes is really really appealing!

Your opinions please!

Cheers :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
im not a huge rock fan ... ok im not a fan at al really but i put down rootes as my first choise. maybe we cud just fight fire with fire and turn up our RnB even louder :tongue:
Reply 3
I love punk music (i'm on the exec for the warwick spunksoc society) yet i'm living with a load of rnb people this year (AV).

Theres more people who like RnB in warwick than alt music- soul nation is always packed whilst crash is usually a bit quieter.
Reply 4
i dont really know what proportion of people like rock or rnb in rootes. but like u i am quite an rnb fan, more so than rock! i have put rootes as my first choice i really dont think it will be a problem. and if someone has rock music on way too loud all the time right next to you, ask them to turn it down or fight back by turing yours up!!

anyone know what kind of nights there are for rnb music lovers??
Reply 5
Does anyone know what rootes is like for just sitting around getting pissed, or going out to the pub and getting pissed, anything fun really as long as it doesnt involve "clubbing" *shudder* (me on a dance floor is not a pretty site). I hope im not gonna be a complete reject just cos i dont like shakin my sweet ass.
Reply 6
lol im the same as u swallows..dont like clubbing - prefer getting pissed.

from what ive seen and been told theres really something for everybody, so no matter what ur cup of tea is, there will be smthing to suit u..

Im also gonna be at rootes next year.(i hope)
Reply 7
Yuck. I despise RnB and chart-music (wether it is rock or something else). Rap works though. Better yet, anyone except me into Rammstein? Dont laugh. Im being very serious.
Reply 8
Lee86
im not a huge rock fan ... ok im not a fan at al really but i put down rootes as my first choise. maybe we cud just fight fire with fire and turn up our RnB even louder :tongue:

Yeah definately! :biggrin:

Ynox
Theres more people who like RnB in warwick than alt music- soul nation is always packed whilst crash is usually a bit quieter.

Thats good to hear, I was always sorta worried from seeing the live music acts at the Warwick SU that alt music ruled (although I have no real problem wit it). I'm glad will be diverse in that sense!
Reply 9
TheWolf

Wolfie are you stalking me or something?
Reply 10
Heylo Portugal,

thanks for that reassurance, i was getting a tad worried i would be forced to get down and boogy. what you gonna be studying next year? Does anyone know when they sort out accomadation and tell us where we will be staying? i suppose they have to wait till A level results come out and they know whos in etc.
Reply 11
burje-t
Better yet, anyone except me into Rammstein? Dont laugh. Im being very serious.

Erm... no!

:biggrin:
Reply 12
bean4ian
anyone know what kind of nights there are for rnb music lovers??

Soul Nation every other Friday. Probably something else too, but I'm not really into R&B so I wouldn't know.
Reply 13
they only tell u in the beginning of September (thats what i read on the site at least)..

Kuz one question, i read on the Imperial section thatyouare going there, if so why u sorting out accomodation for Warwick?(realise that Warwick is probably ur insurance - bt i didnt know u had to do accomodation for your insurance)
Reply 14
picju96
Soul Nation every other Friday. Probably something else too, but I'm not really into R&B so I wouldn't know.

What kind of music are you in to? I mainly listen to indie, so if you have any information on the kind of bands that play at the SU it would be very useful. I know that the Jeevas played during freshers week last year, because I was tempted to come and see them but decided to go to a London gig instead. I heard Supergrass played recently too!
Reply 15
portugal

Kuz one question, i read on the Imperial section thatyouare going there, if so why u sorting out accomodation for Warwick?(realise that Warwick is probably ur insurance - bt i didnt know u had to do accomodation for your insurance)

I was set on going to IC upto just b4 the reply had to be due, but changed my mind in the end and put Warwick as my firm. It says so here and here
Reply 16
Kuz
Wolfie are you stalking me or something?

no! never :cool:
Reply 17
TheWolf
no! never :cool:

Well you seem to be haunting me in all my threads recently :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 18
indie music: www.offbeat.org.uk
Rammstein et al: RockSoc and Goffbeat (not sure of the URLS but if you go to www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk you'll find them..)

We often host nights up in Zippies in conjunction with rocksoc, some of the bands they get in aren't bad at all.

They have regular discos up in zippies bar in the SU.

Soul nation is known amongst a few people I know as fight night...its not my favourite place in the world at all but for an rnb night its not bad.
Reply 19
Ynox
indie music: www.offbeat.org.uk
Rammstein et al: RockSoc and Goffbeat (not sure of the URLS but if you go to www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk you'll find them..)

We often host nights up in Zippies in conjunction with rocksoc, some of the bands they get in aren't bad at all.

They have regular discos up in zippies bar in the SU.

Soul nation is known amongst a few people I know as fight night...its not my favourite place in the world at all but for an rnb night its not bad.

Soul nation is quality biggest rnb nite in the midlands!! nice ladys too :smile:

Latest