The Student Room Group

Writing monologue for English, would really appreciate a proof reader! Pretty Please!

So I have to write a monologue for my A2 English lit/Lang course as an excel use to better understand my exam text, but have NEVER written a monologue before, and really need someone to give it a once over

Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated!

Here it is :

The first interviewSo I’ve never been one for public speaking. Or small scale speaking. Or speaking at all to anyone outside my comfortably small ring of friends. It makes me anxious. All those eyes, staring, watching, waiting, judging. It never ends well. Yet here I am, feeling the painfully slow passing of time as I wait for my appointment. I always feel it right to be early, despite the way this leads to my nerves tripling in size. As they are now. Pulsating through my whole body, making my head spin sickeningly. I never understood, and still don’t, why this affects me so much. They’re only people after all, the same as me. More often than not in exactly the same situation; school presentations, drama lessons, class debates. Yet they all, every single one, manage to keep it together. No shaking hands, no heavy breathing or twitching legs as they sit and wait their turn. But I digress. When looked at with the perspective of others, parents, friends, siblings, this is just one small interview. Nothing to worry about. Not even difficult. Answer a few questions, listen to instructions, take in advice. But stood here now as I am, it feels anything but ‘nothing to worry about’. It feels exactly like I should bolt right out the door I came in. who needs extra money anyway? Those clothes I’ve got, they’re not so bad. And that trip to the seaside? Who needs a souvenir? No. stop it. I’ll just pull myself together and suck it up. She’s a lovely lady, and I really do need the job.
Original post by TheGirlWhoLived
So I have to write a monologue for my A2 English lit/Lang course as an excel use to better understand my exam text, but have NEVER written a monologue before, and really need someone to give it a once over

Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated!

Please? Anybody?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending