The Student Room Group

Harvard Interview 2- as the original one turned into somethign completely off topic!

Hi all, just thought i would make a new thread for this as the previous one turned more into a general one about which universities are better than others....

back to the harvard interview... any tips on dress code? i was thinking just jeans and a nice shirt but i dont really know what they are expecting!

how far should i read up on harvard...apart from the obvious about what my favoured course is like etc etc...what else would i really need to know!?

Apart from the obvious questions such as

Why harvard? Why would harvard take u? whats special about harvard? are there any other Harcard specific questions that really can b asked?

Cheers everyone
Honestly OP you should be posting this on College Confidential. I don't think many TSR users have interviewed with Harvard.
Unfortunately, it is much harder to get aid as an international applicant, but not impossible. If you truly are an outstanding applicant and can get into Oxbridge, some universities might try to help you with aid, but others will not be so kind.

My advice would be to avoid jeans and at least wear black pants. You don't need to go all out, but I would just say no to jeans as a general rule.

I would personally learn as much about Harvard, what you might be interested in studying, etc. as you possibly can. It really says a lot if an applicant is articulate about Harvard. Since they are taking time to get to know you, the least you can do is know about them during the interview. I think this more applies to all interviews regardless of the university.
Reply 3
Ebonyphoenix gave good advice. I also agree with shady lane; the CC poster Northstarmom is the Harvard interview guru.
Reply 4
are khaki like pants ok do u think? as in cream/baige trousers with a shirt? i tried on just black trousers with shirt and it seemed very very formal on me! maybe thats just me being stupid tho!!!
Reply 5
Better too formal than too casual. For my Georgetown interview I wore khaki slacks, shirt, tie and sport coat. The interviewer was dressed the same.
Reply 6
Shadey
are khaki like pants ok do u think? as in cream/baige trousers with a shirt? i tried on just black trousers with shirt and it seemed very very formal on me! maybe thats just me being stupid tho!!!

you could get tweed style trousers.
or not tweed.. but they have smart patterend trousers in topshop atm
For my interview I wore formal pants, a nice shirt and a smart cardigan. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 8
Is it too late to apply to Harvard for 2007 entry?
I have my interview in less than 24 hours! I'm quite nervous.

Yes, unfortunately the deadline has passed for 2007 entry.
Reply 10
ebonyphoenix
I have my interview in less than 24 hours! I'm quite nervous.

Good luck!

:tsr2:
Thank you. I just finished the interview and it went pretty smoothly. It really is just the interviewer asking you questions about your accomplishments and interests and I had plenty to talk about and of course the "why Harvard" question, but overall, I'd just advise everyone to just relax and be your yourself. Easier said than done, I know. Best of luck!
OH yes. Lol. I am swamped by interviews, it seems.
Reply 13
When will you get your answer?
I believe all applicants can learn of their decision online on March 29th, if I recall correctly.
Reply 15
hey had my interview a couple of days ago- went fine! nothing to worry about...if anyone wants to know anything just give me a buzz and il try help u as much as possible

Latest

Trending

Trending